Author Topic: Cabelas LED Cree Light 532 lumen  (Read 2766 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Cabelas LED Cree Light 532 lumen
« on: September 30, 2010, 07:01:55 AM »
I recently bought one of these lights, orginally list for 119.00.  got a cabelas flyer in the mail the other day, there is a coupon in there for $30 off this light.  I haven't tested the light much while hunting but in the back yard it seems like it is going to work out really good as a shooting light. 

uncle buck

Re: Cabelas LED Cree Light 532 lumen
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 02:36:05 PM »
Sounds promising.. You will have to let us know how it works out for you....
I remember at Pete Hauer seminar the other day...The commented that if a light is designated, for example as a 100 yard light...That is if it has a white lens. Once you put that pop cover on it...for example the red lens.  The shooting distance drops down 1/2 to  to 500 yards... A  250 yards light with the white lens would be good at 125 yards with a red lens.
Historically there are two things that impact many of the shooting lights on the market.. That's cold weather and muzzle blast..
Hunters might be wise to put their shooting lights on 22 WMR, 22 Hornets, 17 Remington, and 17 Fireball... They don't kick much and maybe just maybe the lights will not malfunction do to recoil...Shotgun no to much recoil even on a 20 gauge or maybe we need to go to 20 gauge for gray fox etc etc etc?
Cold....nothing better then a closed cell storage battery to combat cold.. I remember using a Dennis Kirk cassette recorder one cold cold cold cold Clearfield night...The brand new gold top C batteries were my power source... It died on me in subzero temps... I open the Kirk caller and they leaked inside my battery compartment...I had my JS Model 512 with the motor cycle battery in it... That was a life saver on the hunt for me...

problem with the new lights out there... They are just putting them out for sale..Lights like the ND3 and they are failing..They are not testing this stuff....of course due to the cold and recoil they are failing in the field..

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
    • NEW YORK PREDATORHUNTERS ASSOC.
Re: Cabelas LED Cree Light 532 lumen
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 06:04:48 AM »
I dont think that LED's are effected by recoil like the bulb style light because there is no filiment to worry about,the cold however I m not sure...