Author Topic: Where's the details on the night shoot?  (Read 4616 times)

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
    • NEW YORK PREDATORHUNTERS ASSOC.
Where's the details on the night shoot?
« on: September 26, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »
I wasnt able to make it,so lets hear some details........

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Where's the details on the night shoot?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »
It was a blast to watch for me. I don't know the winners name but I'm sure all of this will be posted on the front page and forum boards. The night shoot started a little late due to the amount of participation from the target identification contest. The night shoot ended around 11:45pm and I hope we do it again in the near future. I can say this, we have some great shots in the PPHA.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:18:38 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
I'm really curious about the shooting lights that were used,which were best,etc...

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 04:57:15 PM »
No light in particular for the night shoot. It was just everyones personal field set up. Some scope mounted and some barrel mounted. It was something worth seeing and an eye opener on malfunctions in the field. Alot of jams!
FayetteNam

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »
Were'nt there light demos aswell?

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
The jams may have been because it was a fun shoot and the shooters were not looking at bullet placement in the magazine. We should see some good amounts of fur pictures next month. How many shooters? Would have likened to attend but i did not see any listing of a shotgun shoot. The fur killen i got mastered, i wouid have liked to have seen some of these new long chokes up front, in action, to see which performed the best. Thanks for the update.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »
Hi Ultramag, yes there were a couple light companies there as vendors. Predator light Company gave a very detailed demo and explanation on their lights and lighting in general. Very informative and a very impressive light. No battery pack to carry and super light. Comes with scope mounts too. Another company that was there was Boondock Outdoors and I have to admit that they have the most impressive flashlight I have ever seen. Priced rite and comes with scope mount as well. Check them out on www.boondockoutdoors.com. The howler you donated was bought by a fellow member that rode to the expo with me . It sounded great at first but about an hour or so of constant howling in my truck I was ready for a nice pleasant bird call. LOL. Thanks for the donation. We had a great time and everyone there were some really good people. Too bad you couldn't make it.
President PPHA

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »
Yes,I purchased the XL250 KILLIGHT from Boondock Outdoors and it is impressive. I was wonder if any of the lights were compared to each other or if different shooters were using them.

Glad the howler was put to good use......... ;D

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 09:19:56 PM »
we actually setup three lights and was checking them out while the guys were setting up the id portion.  the predator light is pretty impressive looking at it and its size compared to other lights.  it is really lite and is as bright as my nite lite(with the red lense on).  with a white lens on it is extremely bright though.  which is perfect for me because a nite lite is what I use to scan with.  the 20 hour run time is also a plus along with knowing that the bulb wont blow out as well.  no wires is another big plus.

the kill light was impressive for its size as well but with a 1.5 burn time it would strickly be a shooting light.  JMO.  they both have their advantages and look forward to putting the predator light threw its paces this fall.  both the ID and the night shoot was nice and well attended.  Tim would have the final numbers on how many participated. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »
I wasnt able to make it,so lets hear some details........

Thanks for donating the howler to the the PPHA. Sounds awesome and is rather easy to use. Same goes for bees howler.....yea, I got it too !!! ;D

Can ya hear me now mutt ?? ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:14:09 PM by longhair »
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 10:22:13 PM »
I know it sounds great, now lets see some fur. Although that might be a little tough since FP51 and I already cleaned out your favorite spots. HA HA ;D
President PPHA

Offline Whiteknuckle

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 11:10:40 PM »
Guys,
my website is actually www.boondock-outdoors.com the lights are not on the site yet but if you have any questions please email me at boondockoutdoors@verizon.net

Thank you,
Jeremiah

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 05:18:55 AM »
I'm really curious about the shooting lights that were used,which were best,etc...

There is a new best every year. And the prostaff guys from the predator light seemed to switch, so we have a new winner this year. Congratulations looks like a nice light.
How many shooters were there?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:27:05 AM by stickbow »

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 05:49:00 AM »
So did the predator light live up to it's claim of being able to make shots a 200 and 250 yards?

I'm asking because I have seen it used in the field and the XL250 seems to be the superior light for longer range shooting.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:49:40 AM by ultramag »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 07:25:52 AM »
with no filter you can see things clearly out to 200+ yds.  atleast with my eyes through ernies scope. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”