Author Topic: posting or bylaws  (Read 4691 times)

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
posting or bylaws
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:06:59 PM »
what about posting the by laws and anything like that. I cant find my copy.
also in this section the miutes from meetings could be posted along with the treasures report.  like any thing comming up for a vote.

Dont know if it would be to much info to non-members

Offline rjf3

• Junior Forum Member
posting or bylaws
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:49:38 PM »
These are issues not within our realm, these suggestions would be best directed to your district vp, for discussion and action.

Russ

Offline slyfox

• Junior Forum Member
posting or bylaws
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:55:22 PM »
As far as I know ...we are still functioning under the Robert's rules of order....I have not scene of voted on any thing else to date!!!!!

I feel these are issues that should be brought before the membership and not decided behind closed door's JMHO
IT AINT OVER TILL I SAY ITS OVER

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
posting or bylaws
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 12:22:37 PM »
I dont see how my district would have anything to do with posting the by-laws or rules.

Why would posting the minutes be out of our realm?  think this would be a good way for the membership to know what each district is doing and what our leadership is deciding.

not sure as to how this all would happen but I think this would be a good idea.
 thanks
Ryan

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
posting or bylaws
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »
Rayn
You have asked some good questions and I will try again to answer some of your questions with a little more explanation of what is taking place. The bylaws were reviewed this past summer by all officers and district officers. I served on that bylaw committee. These first bylaws for this club were one taken from another club that was under one roof and there members were not scattered all over the state. There were sections in these bylaws that do not suit this type of club. We spent a year on and off talking about what needed changed and at least one meeting that took one evening from 6 pm until  after midnight to be  finalize and get voted on by all the officers, district officers and bylaw committee members. The bylaws are currently at a lawyer. There are three other reasons the by laws are not complete with the lawyer, after we spent all that time correcting the existing bylaws, there was a new problem, insurance. PPHA had no insurance coverage for there members or the officers during PPHA events. This is now is being written into the bylaws. But that could not be done till we new what type of insurance would be required. That is ready to be completed but I opted to finalize it with the lawyer until next year since the insurance carrier was only approved last Sunday. I also called and they are going to try and give us a better quote then I have posted in the meeting minutes. The second reason is our secretary/treasure had some personal problems and she was unable to do much for the club and had to resign. The third reason is the district officers have no statement of place listed in the new bylaws. If you read in the meeting minutes this is currently being worked on.
Now after all that information, The officers and district officers have already been talking how to handle these two issues, bylaw and club finance information and how to let it be known and not abused by some one out side the club, interesting problems to say the least.
As far as posting meeting minutes? There is a whole new location on the board I started just for MEETING MINUTES. Along with that post, there is a statement to contact your District officer, if you have any questions. They would love to have you call them and ask questions. Getting involved with your district officer will get you involved in the club, and you will know everything you ever wanted to know.
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
posting or bylaws
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Most of this is my fault since I was only a lurker before.

I think that the officers are doing a great job. I have been in their shoes before and it is a thankless job at times.

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
posting or bylaws
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »
Another treasurer has resigned????
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
posting or bylaws
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 05:22:12 PM »
If any district 2 members have any questions, comments, concerns, or issues, please contact me either here, through PM's, or e-mail slsaws2004@netzero.net . If you would like to speak to me contact me with a number and I will call you.
Thanks
Aaron
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
posting or bylaws
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 07:33:48 PM »
to all District 5 members who may have quesions for me, PLEASE feel free to contact me at bmw76111@hotmail.com or by PM'ing me here. i'd love to talk to some of you again. :D
thanks

~Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline rjf3

• Junior Forum Member
posting or bylaws
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 05:07:56 PM »
Quote from: "archerobx"
I dont see how my district would have anything to do with posting the by-laws or rules.

Why would posting the minutes be out of our realm?  think this would be a good way for the membership to know what each district is doing and what our leadership is deciding.

not sure as to how this all would happen but I think this would be a good idea.
 thanks
Ryan

Sorry, if my post was confusing. By out of our realm I was referring to the board administrators. We help with the board, we do not set policy for the club. Ideas, suggestions, questions about club business should be brought to the attention of the officers. This forum is for board suggestions, but posting bylaws would be more an issue of club business.
And as such should be handled by the officers.

Russ

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
posting or bylaws
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »
I did not think of it as a officer matter. Makes sense now.  Alittle slow at times. I thought that by posting something in the forum suggestion section it would automaticly be brought before the powers that be.
Thanks
Lehman R.

ps
plan on trying your reciept next week.

Offline rjf3

• Junior Forum Member
posting or bylaws
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 07:54:07 PM »
I'm sure the receipe will become one of your favs.

Russ