Author Topic: Ordered some new lights for this year.  (Read 2234 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Ordered some new lights for this year.
« on: August 31, 2010, 06:20:36 AM »
Think i have my lights figured out for this year, I have my Wizard II headlamp which i like and will continue to use.  I ordered a wizzard battery from Randy at Blose Hollow last night so i can put the Wizard Scope light on a broom handle and use it as an extra scanning light or instead of the headlamp.  I also ordered a new led scope light from Cabelas yesterday for the fireball.   So I should be ready. 

Talked to Randy at Blose Hollow last night about lights,  what a nice guy and knows his stuff about nite lites. 

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: Ordered some new lights for this year.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:31:07 AM »
Think im ready as far as lights are concerned, got my 532 lumens led scopelight from cabelas, and my wizard 2 headlight and scopelight should be here today or 2morrow from blose hollow
district #1

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »
I have used the wizard for a while now and its always reliable.  Always carry a spare bulb and a couple extra batteries in the vehicle if you are going to hunt all night.  Nothing worse than not having back ups if you need it.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:25 PM »
I ordered an attachment that allows you to use tactical lights on the front sling post...  Going to use one of those shooting lights like the police use..Of course I might turn the intensity down a bit with a blue, green, or a red pop cover...It has a pressure switch and when your ready to shoot you just put a bit of pressure on the switch to light up the animal for a shot..

Shotgun...I use a tactical light with  a push button in the back of the light.   I have a light holder that attaches to the shotgun barrel....

Of course I always have a Nitelite Wizard or Western River head light on my head with appropriate yellow  or red pop lens at all times too..

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 07:54:45 PM »

You use these lights on a shotgun or a rifle. I use just a shotgun at night. Even though i have not been lucky yet.