Author Topic: Review forum ideas..  (Read 4815 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Review forum ideas..
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »
 I would like to see a review forum on here someday. This would greatly depend on the manufacturers who are willing to donate call,lights,decoys ect to be given to a member for personal use with the stipulation that they must write and honest and informative review on that product. Any thoughts or ideas?
FayetteNam

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Review forum ideas..
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:34:28 PM »
Manufactures do give products to test to reliable, experienced, 'known' hunters.
I don't feel manufactures rely on product testing from organizations or folks they don't know. Product testing depends on how many hours and days a person hunts a year, not just a hunting season. I don't feel many members fall in this category, but would be unfair to other members and may cause hard feelings.
I don't feel a 'review' on this site would get to the masses (number of hunters) that a manufacture would be looking for.
As an organization, I feel we should not be endorsing or debunking any products or test products for manufactures.

On another note...
I read on this and other message broads on a weekly basis about products. Not a set up review, but a honest opinion how this or that works for a fella. Other times I read that someone wants to purchase a product and ask fellow members what they think about it. Replies on said product come in and someone can form his opinion before he buys.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:36:08 PM by Hern »

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 05:06:07 PM »
Good points!
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »
At my age...All I want to do is to still climb that mountain why I can...Don't want to be doing any field research in hunting season on things that might work...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:25:12 PM by uncle buck »

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »
My thoughts were this. This sport is booming with merchandise. Some good ,some bad but it is all expensive for what it is. I would like to see some reviews on here to save someone from spending $400 when he could have spent $250 for what he needed. If you have a call that you love, tell us. If you have one that hasn't lived up to its claim, post it.
FayetteNam

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »
Just my 2¢...from what I just read on this, I could see this turning into a bashing board, some taking hard stances and hurting feelings of friends and supporters....just my 2¢
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »
Just my 2¢...from what I just read on this, I could see this turning into a bashing board, some taking hard stances and hurting feelings of friends and supporters....just my 2¢

I agree with Pagoose on this...

Also the freelance writers could visit here and all of a sudden you would see what was being discussed here in a predator calling or hunting article.

Sometime back...I saw what Pagoosehunter was describing on another hunting site... Someone was suggesting the use of steel shot for all predator hunting... A few disagreed with using steel shot and then the other who were suggesting it turned hostile toward the people who disagreed with using steel shot over lead shot..

I have also known friendships that are not so longer strong because of people disagreeing with a product.

People could take the research being discussed and run with it and make a product too make $$$$$$.
Again  $$$$ ends of destroying friendships.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:18:02 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 07:26:22 AM »
as much as it could be a good idea it could get ugly quick.  even more so if someone sent a product to try something out and expected the donation to get a good review no matter what the reviewer thought.  anymore in hunting mags thats about all you see.  a article about some fancy new product and then two pages later there is a full page advertisment for the product.  coincidence?  probably not.  but doesn't need to be here JMO.  on the other hand I have seen on here where some have tried something out and passed on the experience with others here which is good. 

UB
most friendships that are lost because of a difference of opinion are not healthy anyhow because if they dont call you a friend anymore because of your stance on something then they dont respect your difference in opinion.  I have several friends that i do not agree with their thoughts on some things but doesnt mean that we are not friends.  if all your friends agreed with everything you said then life would get pretty boring. again JMO. ;)
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »
BB,

I understand the true friendship and I'm glad to have many of those.....but on a board you cannot always express you true feelings about something that isn't translated different than how you ment it.....sometimes fat fingers don't always hit the right keys  :-\.....mine being a set of fat ones.. ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 03:23:53 AM »
I was directing the last part of the above post to UBs comment about how he had lost some friends due to his stance on something.  in the long run he is better off without em.  understand what i meant goose?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 05:38:43 AM »
Yep!!!  8) But let me through this at ya...life can be short...I've came close to finding that out this past winter, and a friend be they close or distant, opionated or agreeable, hard headed or supportive....ya need to cultivate them...I do make exceptions to the political arena, cause they aren't friends... ;D and when I say "cultivate"...well sometimes ya got to lay the BS on pretty thick!!! ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member