Author Topic: fox pro sounds  (Read 6119 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
fox pro sounds
« on: June 21, 2010, 07:46:45 PM »
gettin ready to order a fury as soon as they release the cost of the foxbang upgrade , mike says anyday now
what are the gotta have sounds , im primarily gonna be hunting coyotes and maybe try fox and bobcat, help me pick em
district #1

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: fox pro sounds
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
how many sounds does the fury come with?  I have not looked at their sound list in awhile but bird sounds and the rabbit sounds are the favs from foxpro.  get a kiyi or two.  I do the vocalizations with mouth call or they are recordings of my mouth calls.  ask the operator what are some good selections also.  they know what people have been calling in for and asking. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:42:47 PM »
Gray fox pup distress will call in pretty much anything
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 08:49:55 PM »
are you talking foxpros grey fox pup or the JS grey fox pup? 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 08:53:53 PM »
the fury comes with 100 sounds , grey fox pup distress is a good one, thanks
district #1

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »
Destressed wood pecker and blue jay  call is a must. Js gray fox distress works great on grays. Most rabbit calls work well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:25:16 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
My Fury holds over 200 sounds. Yep i got all i can fit on there.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:14:34 AM »
bdawg,

the fury comes with 100 sounds and the unit can hold up to 500, when picking your sounds you can get almost all the distress sounds you need, 100 is a lot of calls.  make sure you get some raccoon puppies and a couple of other racoon distress or fight.  pick a few crow sounds also.   they have some new coyote sounds that are good.   I also have some Johnny Stewart calls on mine, which we can always put on put on your fury and anything else you don't get from foxpro. 

pm sent on sound list

Scott

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:54:10 AM »
Gray fox pup distress will call in pretty much anything
I have never called in anything with the foxpros "grey fox pup distress".
I try to focus on fox and use mostly bird distress and rodents.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:55:07 AM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »
I heard FP Screamin Gray is good....Also make sure you get a few of the Red Fox Pup sounds... Valuable when calling back a fox after they bust you the first time around..
Also.......Siren.........too......Make that your 1st sound pick so you kind of segregate it from the other sounds...In other words when you ask for your first sound make it the siren...They did have one called? cals Siren?????????

After you get the Fury...Put on the Star Spangled Banner.  Outstanding if someone bust you and is creeping up on you...Just hit that sound and can you imagine the intruder all of a sudden hearing the Star Spangled Banner erupting out of no where...I also have Taps,  Reveille, and Calvary Charge too...That really freaks out people that bust you.  Kind of make them experience something they will never forget for the rest of their life.
I took the sound clips off the Randy Anderson sound CD entitled Verminator.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »
bdawg, the fury holds lots of calls so add some crow calls and some coon calls too You won't need 100 predator calls.
President PPHA

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
thanks for the help everybody, what about vole sqeaks, nutty nuthatch, field mouse distress ,any thoughts?
oh yeah what sounds for crows?? thanks again ,im learning alot from this site.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:47:11 PM by bdawg »
district #1

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »
I do well with FP Voles sounds for red fox..

You want the Owl with Crow Distress and the Hawk with Crow Distress... I found a Hawk in a garden shop one time...One just like the plastic Owl...It's a Redtail yet....So I use it just like the owl decoy with the crow sounds listed above.   

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »
one of my favorite crow sounds is Crow/Rabbit Distress  for some reason they love that sound. 

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 07:08:03 PM »
thanks for the help everybody, what about vole sqeaks, nutty nuthatch, field mouse distress ,any thoughts?
oh yeah what sounds for crows?? thanks again ,im learning alot from this site.
All good choices. I would recommend titmouse tantrum and a woodpecker distress also. I have called in reds with red fox pup or red fox distress.
FayetteNam