Author Topic: Plastico or Wood mouth calls?  (Read 1598 times)

uncle buck

Plastico or Wood mouth calls?
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:27:02 PM »
I can't say that I prefer one over the other... Plastic or Wood?  Some plastic calls are outstanding....My favorite has to be Crit-R-Call open reed calls....Wood...The Olt with the coaxer and same without the coaxer are good commercial wood calls.. Historically the custom calls that I have purchased made of wood all have outstanding sounds..

I remember one of the comments in Predator Extreme magazine...Freddy gave this word of advice:  He said go into all the big sporting good stores and see what they have on the shelf.. Then do not buy these calls get ones that no other stores sale.  Now this is one of the reason to own a custom call...Not many people in your area are going to own and use the same custom call..

I remember this past winter...About Jan time frame...I was getting tired of using the Crit-R-Calls.  Probably after I read Freddy's article... I dipped into my call box and took out one of my custom calls.. Wow the critters started showing up more and more... I suppose they got tired of hearing the same tone on my properties that I hunt using my favorite plastico ......open reed Crit-R-Calls..