Author Topic: Top Secret info to PPHA members only  (Read 7731 times)

uncle buck

Top Secret info to PPHA members only
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:29:12 PM »
Might be nice to have and area in the PPHA member area of the forum that PPHA members could share valuable info only for paying members..
Things like how do you shoot a fox with a 22250, 204 Ruger, 222, or a 223 that will only cause minimal pelt damage.. We can pass on info for calling for nonmembers on the forum if one wishes.  However might be an area of the forum that maybe a member just wants to share a technique with a paid member of the PPHA.  Kind of like an another incentive for being a member... Kind of like the member of the forum option of where they desire to place a how to predator calling technique.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Top Secret info to PPHA members only
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:15:05 AM »
We do have a members only section UB

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
Yes we do but it appears just shooting the breeze not anything like I suggested.  Maybe if some members wanted to start to post what I recommended in this area it just might get some of the people who just come this forum to gain info without joining the club too to join PPHA...

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »
I seriously doubt that will bring in new members.  They can go to HPA, PM, or anywhere on the net to get info that is just as good or better.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 05:59:37 AM »
I seriously doubt that will bring in new members.  They can go to HPA, PM, or anywhere on the net to get info that is just as good or better.

i disagree with that statement, HPA is a joke when it comes to actually number of guys who know a lot about the sport and who share.  PM is a good sight but one i don't visit much, not sure why. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:16:10 AM »
I think the biggest piece of advice I can give anyone about these forum boards is never take anything seriously.  Remember its the net not real life.  and also take everything you read with a grain of salt.  take what you think is believable and use it.  never ever claim something as gospel on the net either. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 11:01:45 PM »
I put 4 new post on the new PPHA Tips and Technique area. I can say that these things have worked for me over and over and over.

If anything maybe they will not show up in a predator calling magazine unless the arm chair predator caller or freelancer become a member..

Since I suggested this and someone was kind enough to add it to the PPHA members only site...I will post things in this area from time to time..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:04:12 PM by uncle buck »

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:56 AM »
Might be nice to have and area in the PPHA member area of the forum that PPHA members could share valuable info only for paying members..

Good idea!  We don't need any prospective new members thinking they get info here.  Keep it under wraps!

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 07:16:02 PM »
Furbug good, I'm glad that you agree with me....

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 12:50:37 AM »
I just added 12 how too techniques for trapping and or calling to this area for PPHA members only...

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »
Furbug good, I'm glad that you agree with me....

Buck,  Make no mistake, I completely disagree with that type of thinking.  I was being sarcastic.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »
I think he got that.

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 04:41:16 PM »
Are you his mouth? ::)  Do you read his mind? ::)  Do you talk to lurkers like boot mud? ;D

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »
no just someone who doesn't need it broken down Bert and Ernie style.   ::)

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »
Obviously Buck does.  He didn't understand.