Author Topic: Fishing on Lake Raystown  (Read 3231 times)

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
Fishing on Lake Raystown
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »
Blew off work on Monday and went fishing with Dan on the lake. The early Striper bite did not happen so as dumb luck would have it I missed a nice laker right at the boat. So we(Dan), setup to mess with the lake trout. Caught three (6-10#'s). Missed 4 others. One missed fish hit like a freight train( could of been a striper). All in all good day to be out it did me good. Sorry no pics I did not hit save on the cell phone EEEEERRRRRRR. Like to do a day on the lake Dan has his guides license. He gave me my monies worth. Here is his number Dan DaFiva @717-269-4164. Has a place somewhere close the lake.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fishing on Lake Raystown
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
How much did it cost ya?  Sounds like ya had fun.  Me and my uncle go blue fishing every year.  I wanted to try something else.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Fishing on Lake Raystown
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:52:03 PM »
Bigben, it costs for 4hrs 1 or 2 people-$125.00. That is not bad for two guys. Remember this not a head boat. He has a 22' or 24' deck boat. Four downriggers, and plenty of rods. Nice and comfy setup.  It is worth it to me to get a possible shot at fish 10+ pounds. By the way, time wise I got my monies worth. 4hrs.+ fishing time. Lakers and/or Stripers what a combo.