Author Topic: Special Orders Don't Upset Us?  (Read 2110 times)

uncle buck

Special Orders Don't Upset Us?
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »
Ever notice....You order something...It could be reloading brass....It's
 backordered and you never get it or even something from a major hardware store...You order it and it suppose to arrive on such and such a date and delivery slips and you get it three weeks later...Then they try to have you cancel it after 8 weeks.  Rebates same thing if they say it's going to take 8 to 10 weeks it's probably going to be 10 weeks before you see it in the mail box..

Such was the case once when I ordered a Custom Encore Barrel from a major gun store in Pa...Delivery was suppose to be 12 weeks...the sales clerk that I worked with quit about 4 weeks after I  ordered it..Now what he did to the company was.......He never ordered it...I call 12 weeks later and I say when am I getting my Encore barrel in?  They check and then they say...."We have no record of anyone ever ordering it for you."
What!  12 weeks and no one ordered it....  I then get the sale pitch that they will order it again and give me a discount of 10%.   the ole 10% trick?  "Heck no you got to do better then that!" Manager decided to give me the barrel for free.. However I did have to wait 12 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!Good deal...yep cost me nothing but I had to wait 24 weeks for an Encore barrel....Ah but the lesson you learn are great...after that I ordered my own Encore barrels heck on going through the big stores.......
So do Special Order Up Set Us?" Heck ya they do!!!!!!!!!!!Especially when you see the dreaded word show up on paper or in conversation   "BACKORDERED"!!!!!!!or   "We Have No Recorded Of That!"  If you have a record of it demand a freebe!!!!!!!!!