Author Topic: Predator Light  (Read 10318 times)

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
Predator Light
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:55:45 PM »
Has anyone tried this light out?. I was on KC's houndsmens site and there seem's to be a good review about it on there. they say you don't need the red lens and it seem's to be plenty brite enough. It is kinda pricey but I paid more for my nite lite extreme that's not working now. what's you guy's thought's no the predator light?

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Predator Light
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
what is the light? can you post a link to it?
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »
Here is the link
http://www.kcshounds.com/predator.php
This is an LED light, weight is 6oz. and battery and light is all one unit.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 08:02:13 PM »
ITs the light from the expo.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »
ya what do you think of it, everything I been reading on it from other guy's say it's a great light. They run it all night with no problem and they don't need the red lens. I was wandering if any PPHA member's have used one.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
held one in my hands at the Expo....great little light but out of my price range.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »
Real interesting?  I think Dreamcatcher may have one of these.  Viewed on the houndsmen sight and saw the pictures...Something how the light in question beam a uniform pattern while the light underneat it was yellow and not uniform....

Does the mfg of this light have a web site? Would like to read more about the capabilities of this particular head light..

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 10:25:20 PM »
UB I didn't find anything on the mfg but that dosn't mean it not out there I just didn't find it. thier is a big differance in the light. One is a yellow light and the other is more of a blueish white. The LED has more of a spot and everything I've read on it there isn't much of an outer halo like the other light.

All in all just from what I can see it seem's like a good light, but before I pull the trigger on this light I need more Info.

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »
It has worked well for me on coons and greys,before I received the plastic red and amber lens. What I love most is it is one piece. No wires . No heavy battery to lug on your belt. I haven't had to recharge it yet. Have yet to see a bad review.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:36:20 PM by dreamcatcher »
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 12:45:14 AM »
Playing what they call the devil's advocate...Um notice that one of the pictures show fox harvested with the light...However there is snow on the ground in the background????One usually does not need a light when you hunt fox over snow?????? See things like this could be just staged to sale a product...?????

Posters above link is not working..One might have to go to www.kcshounds.com and then go to predator lights on the forum to see the pictures and this post..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:47:42 AM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 12:48:59 AM »
Try this to see the pictures I reference:

http://www.kcshounds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3947

furblaster

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:46 AM »
It has worked well for me on coons and greys,before I received the plastic red and amber lens. What I love most is it is one piece. No wires . No heavy battery to lug on your belt. I haven't had to recharge it yet. Have yet to see a bad review.

I Hunted with the exact same light. We scared deer out of fields upon entering that
we usually walk past. The red lens kills them. They have 2 modes, on, and barely on. No rheostat. If i cant carry my nite lite, I don't need to be out there. I did like the no weight issue, but it is not worth the money for a predator light. The smart light is about 100 dollars less and is just as good. And Ive had my NL, sport for 4 trouble free years. I agree uncle buck, the only hunters posting fur were the owners, and the hunters they let use them. We seen pictures of a double on the other predator site, it had the predator lights lying on the coyote, and the AR, had a the big gun mount spotlight on it. Search google for LED miners light, that is all they are and nothing more. Brian and I used them for 3 nights, I use one every day at work. They are good for the purpose they were made, and would make a good hound hunters light. But with a dark enough red lens, its not good for predator hunting in my area.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 08:32:13 AM »
I think these are great lights but they are pricey.  There have been many good reviews about this light on all the forums.  Kirk Mchendre, and Andrew Lewand to name a few.  They were also a vendor at our last expo and we got a great demo.  The red lens for the light was not ready at the time but I don't think you need it anyway from what I could see.  I would love to have them come to this years expo and do a demo at the night shoot.  Can you make that happen Andrew?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 09:20:32 AM »
Restorc.com
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 09:47:31 AM »
Ya I know it's a little pricey, but like I said before I spent more on my nite lite extreme. I am sure I am not the only one like this or should I say with this condition. I call it the predator hunting junky, now it's not a bad thing to us that have this condition, but to are wife's and girlfriend's well that's a differant store. We predator hunting junky's have several call's, several gun's, several decoy's, but when something brake's you alway's have a backup. Now I will admit I've been slipping I let my self get to the point were I only have 1 light. not a good thing so I am going to fix that. I am going to buy 1 of these light and I will keep you informed on how it's working out for me. I under stand the season is just about over but I have other thing's I can use it for.

And yes I have this condition bad, just ask my wife, only give it a couple week's she's pretty mad right now.