Author Topic: Combating The Full Moon Periods  (Read 5488 times)

uncle buck

Combating The Full Moon Periods
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
this topic is  posted about this from time to time...
Written all over and in Dennis Kirk books is this old time Pro's opinion on calling the Full Moon...He does say that it's a tough period...So...For you people that do hunt out there and see JACK when calling the Full Moon....Don't Be to hard On Your Selves.

Also might be the time to hunt SOLO....The more people the easier your going to get busted....Know you might be thinking that right things to do during the FULL MOON but someone else with you is not and it's all over...Time, loss of Time..Hunting hard and having someone who just does not understand the concepts of hunting during the full moon and you both get skunked.  

Only relief from calling the full moon is PRAY FOR SNOW twilight conditions with NO LIGHTS...

See........WHITE....The Great Dennis Kirk is writes about it in his book...Light colored camo is one of the things that helps when calling the Full Moon Period...Hence when hunting over snow your going to be wearing white for sure...that why it works great....
Your wives and Girl friends will like this: you got to start to wear GRAY Light Gray to be specific.....I like Predator Brand Camo (Fall Gray)
You need to tell them you have to spend some bucks for Predator Brand Fall Grey Camo? winter Weight and non winter weight..OR get light weight Extra large and put it over your winter clothes..???
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:51:26 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

Re: Combating The Full Moon Periods
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:54:27 PM »

furblaster

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 02:39:24 AM »
I wear Carharts and stand against round bales, and have killed many animals during a fool moon.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »
UB states...
this topic is  posted about this from time to time...
usually started by you...LOL.
UB I looked at the web page posted above. I like the 'grey', spring green' and 'snow' patterns. I looked for dealers in Pa. Only 2 dealers in Pa., none in my area.
I always liked 'grey'. I miss the ole Tree-Bak.
I have patterns of 'brown' that look black/dark from a distance.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 02:26:42 PM »
Start hunting early in the evening just before sundown with full moon until it gets up there like a search light. Then start again just before sunup when Moon is low.
Watch the weather forecast. If cloudy skys cover the night, you're in business all night.
My experiences with full moon is the hardest thing is to get to my setups undetected (or so I feel that way). Adjusting approach, setups, even locations is a must with full moonlight success.
Funny thing, I have good catches in my canine traps during full moon phase.

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
If I may say....The Predator Grey also works great in snow with light accumulation,  in Birch tickets,  Rocks,  on the Horizon of course in tree line..
I had my Fall Grey on Saturday Eve and still got busted but the stand was in a small 1 acre field and i was in the middle not in the tree line at the time..You never know when Reynard going to show up ...LOL LOL

I purchased the light weight no insulation Predator grey in EX-Large pant... I use them as a cover pant over my winter clothes... In warmer weather I just use suspenders or tighten the belt a bit...I should purchase the Predator grey in a bib...However normally I do not need to use the Predator grey later in the season because there is snow on the ground... Climate a changing....Not much snow this year in SCPA ..

Hern is right getting hard to find the Predator brand in stores anymore..  Have to order it right from the company....

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:48:50 AM »
Getting off subject of full moon, there's a place I hunt where they store round bales. You know the white wrap, round bales...well anytime of the season, snow or no snow one can use snow camo to disappear!
I have found Fox & Coon droppings and Owl pellets on top of round bales, but this spot, this season, I found muddy Bear tracks on top of the white wrapped round bales.
If you find cuts or slits in sides of wrapped round bales, a Raccoon did that.
-sorry for off subject-

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:55:55 PM »
I always here that it is harder to hunt on full moons.
So far me and my friend haven't been able to pass up the week during a full moon.
Simply because that is when we have the best luck.
We actually called in 4 coyotes in two days at three sets on a full moon, but us forgetting to sight in our guns after switching loads caused us to get only one of them. Which leads me to an important topic...
SIGHT YOUR GUN IN!!!!
most people with common sense know to do this but it's just a quick reminder

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »
Outstanding that you do well during the full moon...The good Lord must give certain people waivers...Apparently your doing something right....
Maybe you might even be a natural....I know a fishermen like that... Guy can have his own fishing show.... Many of us are not as lucky.
I had to learn things from the Great Dennis Kirk book on hunting the full moon and try to improve on them... Sometimes they work sometimes I still hear that bark of a red fox in the distance of being busted......dang I should have stayed in the shadows....

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 07:59:17 AM »
UB
    Not much snow this year in SCPA.  Spoke too soon????
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 10:13:39 PM »
I agree with you saying i'm lucky hahah
ANd to answer your question about being a predator protidgy... I wish

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »
I was just thinking how the Full Moon impacts everything and has a bearing on things too..Easter is determine by when the Full Moon is in the March and or April.  Take a good look out the window..on Good Friday night...Should be a Full moon..

Tides...Full Moon impacts them...

Also ever notice how people drive during a full moon period...Lunetics action by many of a nutty crazed Lunar's Titics.......... driver for sure!!!!!!
How many time did you almost have a near collision and then you say  "Must Be A Full Moon?"

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 01:00:03 AM »

Wow this Easter Full Moon that is developing out there in the sky  is sure bright.....Due to be a Full Moon on 31 March.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »
Lets faced it UB, they ain't all locked up!
President PPHA

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »
Anyone know wheather or not this mondays lunar eclipse will have any effect on the critters???