Author Topic: primos power dog  (Read 4442 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
primos power dog
« on: January 17, 2010, 08:51:58 PM »
just watched the truth v and now i think i need one, whos got  the best price on them?? im gonna need one before next weekend
district #1

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: primos power dog
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:18:28 AM »
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:52:02 PM »
Gander does sale them fromtime to time for $99.99.  I got mine there and many people I know got it for that price there... you just have to catch it at the right time... They did have them again this year for that price..

worm4man

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »
My uncle gave me his the remote works to about 40 yards. Probably the most producing call on the market.

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »
My uncle gave me his the remote works to about 40 yards. Probably the most producing call on the market.

How did you come up with that conclusion?

Thanks, bootmud

worm4man

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
It calls In far more than the Foxpro we have with 110 sounds, and I hunted with my uncle and Paul555 and we used his, and called In very little.
Need I explain more.

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:20:59 PM »

It should be working farther then that.  100 + but you have to elevate it on a bale of hay, hang it from a bush or limb or just raise if from the ground by some means...

I have called in coyotes with both the Powerdogg and the FX5. However seems like I have more confidence with the Powerdogg since to date I have called in more with that caller then the FX5..However in all fairness to the FX5 I just don't use it as much. When I do use the Powerdogg I am usually after coyotes...When calling fox I may hear a coyote howl and then of course I will use the FX5 to bring in the coyote...

Conclusions:

Is the Powerdogg better then the FX5 for coyotes?  Can't rightly say so since both have called in coyotes for me.

Could it be that it's the Randy Anderson sounds on the Powerdogg... Actual challenge, group, or invitational coyote vocalization that brings them in?  Maybe?  I have overlaid Randy Anderson doing Bill Austin Coyote  vocalization to the FX5..Thinking should I be shying away from the FP sounds and start using the RA Bill Austin overlays????

Could it be the shape of the Powerdogg speaker compared to the FX5? maybe?  I have been considering attaching the JS or the Lohman CD player speaker to the FX5 when calling coyotes with it..

Actually most of us are such diehard predator callers that we should own more then one electronic caller?  Me I do experiment with so much gear that I should be working for some company that evaluates all this predator hunting gear.   Every electronic caller has it's pro's and con's thats for sure...

Lately for me electronics have proved Jack for me in the last 4 weeks...I have been calling in more predators with mouth calls.

In defense again of the FX5...I have not called in one fox with the Pwerdogg..Just coyotes.. However again too. You start off with the Interrogation Howl what fox in it's right mind is going to come in for a look see if they hear that????

I wish that Hunter Specialties would add a few more sounds to their Preymaster Modules so Their JS Preymaster could be and outstanding coyote calling machine and a daytime red fox calling machine.   Namely I wish HS would add a KIYI or adult coyote distress to one of the modules..

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »
It calls In far more than the Foxpro we have with 110 sounds, and I hunted with my uncle and Paul555 and we used his, and called In very little.
Need I explain more.

Oh, you mean the best call on the market for you.  Yep, I understand. ;)

worm4man

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 01:52:51 AM »
 ::) Seems you would. ;D

I agree Uncle Buck, JS calls work well also. Even the small electronic ones.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:56:23 AM by worm4man »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 06:13:32 AM »
i have called in more coyotes with FoxPro sounds than any other.