Author Topic: What do you guys do with your HOGS?  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Gomer Pyle

What do you guys do with your HOGS?
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:08:16 AM »
On my farm I shoot every last one of those bastar*s I see. They breed like (giant) rats and destroy the fields. They dig giant holes that create dangerous situations for my tractor on the steeper hills.

Anyway, I blast em away and lately I have been dropping them in previous holes and shoving them in way deep with a stick because I heard a rumor that turkeys will eat the maggots and that maggots are toxic to the turkeys?

Any truth to this?

Anyway, my real question is... What do you guys do with your kills. I would like to start utilizing the "by-products" of these filthy animals... but don't even know where to start. I have been "exterminating" them I guess you could say out of necessity, but if I could have a use for them...... it'd be 1000x better and I wouldn't feel bad about wasting away with them.

PS: I have a monster that has evaded me about 12 times to date.... I see him... grab the 22 and before I can put sights on him hes gone... Even when he doesn't see/hear me, he always manages to escape.

It is by far the largest hog I have seen. If I get him hes gettin' mounted. Hopefully he makes it through the winter.

uncle buck

Re: What do you guys do with your HOGS?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:38:51 AM »
Now you have your grilled chuck,  your broiled chuck, your broasted chuck, your roasted chuck, your spit chuck,  etc etc.
Chuck taste just like   Chicken..  figure most times they just eat  vegatation.
Usually Pa Turkey Vultures will take care of any chuck carcasses as will a passing red fox, or grey fox, or coyote, possum, skunk, weasel, mink, etc.
Nope continue to push them down the hole.  It good for mother earth too and the farmers fields to put in nutrients..Worst thing to do is to get an dead chuck in the farmers hay cutting and then taken into the barn. Also the fox and all the other critters will pull them out of the hole to and take them to their den if they are rearing pups.
Never heard of turkeys getting sick from any kind of insects.  They do eat a lot of them as do all other birds too....
Why? if your in the wild and need to survive never eat the colored insects..Black, Brown, and White insects are usually the insects  to sustain your life if need be...  Yea just roll yourself a log over and have at them...

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: What do you guys do with your HOGS?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »
stuff'm in a hole...freeze'm for a later bait pile?...I heard of someone cutting the meat into strips and using it for catfish bait...anything with some blood will attract those tasty critters...i'm thinkin bout tryin it this summer...Hern once said he used to practice fleshing on hogs so he wouldn't mess up too much fur in the fall...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"