Author Topic: Enforcing the board rules  (Read 15009 times)

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
Enforcing the board rules
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:25:36 AM »

If you guys want to enforce the rules of the board (ie: Terms of agreement) you really need to have them posted somewhere or a link to them!!
Its unreasonable and unfair to expect people who signed up years ago to remember them.

hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
Re: Enforcing the board rules
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »

If you guys want to enforce the rules of the board (ie: Terms of agreement) you really need to have them posted somewhere or a link to them!!
Its unreasonable and unfair to expect people who signed up years ago to remember them.

They are in a sticky post on the topic of most groups of boards
~mountainfox

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
I looked in the sticky notes and I didn't see a complete list of forum board rules. They should be posted in plain view in their entirety. I hope I don't get a warning for this post.
President PPHA

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »

Yeah I could not find them.  ???

I saw the sticky with the updated new rules.
One of the new rules is no talking about the PPHA. There is an interesting thread on another board about the PPHA. You can see it here. http://huntnpa.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1258572356/0#0
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »
Yea I saw that, it is an interesting post. Many other  people have seen it also, wonder what they think?
President PPHA

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »

It'd be nice to hear others thoughts and opinions, good bad or other.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:30:02 PM »
Yes it would be nice to hear an opinion but you won't hear it on hear, this site does not condone "opinions".
President PPHA

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 05:38:02 AM »
Yes it would be nice to hear an opinion but you won't hear it on hear, this site does not condone "opinions".

problem being is most cannot differentiate between 'opinion' and 'accusation'. its where the false accusations come flying in that things go downhill and members walk. beause the one accused and the accusers going round and round trying to prove their points that things go nowhere but hold up progress. even when facts are presented neither side will budge...than people get pissed...i can count about 10 members who have not renewed or will not renew because of the horse dookey that goes on in here. you got an 'opinion'?great!...you got a 'gripe'? great!...you got a 'concern'? great!...we's love to hear it all! contact your district officers and bring it to them. the constant he said she said, Jr High girls locker room, bickering and fighting in here is done. it driving members away and keeping potential ones from joining.

tell me. does the PTA have a web forum? does any other state wide organization like ours have an open forum? and if they do, do they discuss association business in there...? no. and and its no wonder they dont have the issues we have.

another problem that is evident is that some get it...most don't. and by that i mean the time, effort, personal sacrifice that comes with being an officer or volunteer with the PPHA. we all do the best that we can, with the time we can spare to make the PPHA the best it can be. and for an all volunteer based organization i think we do pretty darn well....not fantastic...but well. this year has lots of potential with some great ideas being brought forth by myself and all the officers...if we wern't mired down handling all the BS that we do at this point we'd be much further ahead than we are. the officers have had 6 officer meetings to date, 3 executive meetings(and 1 tonight too)....each lasting about two hours on average. we've had so many meetings tryin to get things off and running so far this term that wives of the officers are gettin PO'ed. its the constant armchair QB'ing from members who have to clue as to the hard work, dedication and personal time it takes from other members who step up and make it happen. its getting to the point that good men are walking away becuase its no longer 'fun' like it used to be in years past. back when it was a pleasure to be a volunteer in any capacity within the PPHA. not anymore....we bust our humps everyday with our own time for the 190 members and get nothing in return but heartache and headache for our passion to see the PPHA succeed.

i make very tough decisions on a very regular basis....taking into consideration the ENTIRE membership, not just a few. consider the present PPHA and the FUTURE PPHA. hear thoughts by all the members and all the officers on both sides of the fence on alot of problems and issues and i have to find the middle ground that is best for the PPHA and its success. you cannot make all the members happy all the time. and you will run yourself silly trying to. with 190 members and 11 officers there are alot of views to be listened to....find a comprimise and make it happen. with compromise comes some members and officers not getting exactly what they want....and with majority rule during voting some who didn't get their side passed get really upset. its the way it is folks. i know one guy who is no longer a member becuase of a decision that i have made in the past, and i have to live with that one a regular basis and it bothers me tremendously. it was a decision that i weighed the options on long and hard over for. but my final decision taking into account all the pro's and con's that would best help the PPHA grow he didn't agree with. again...can't please everyone all of the time and that stinks...but that is fact...and that is life. i do the best i can. the officers do the best they can. nobody has all the right decisions all the time. with the number of officers we have this year there is alot of points of view that need waded through to find the best solution to all of our problems. that takes more time than any of you can imagine exept for a few.

A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »
Woody, I do believe that in one of your campaign posts you said that most of the club business would be done on the board. Something like "transparency".
President PPHA

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »
This is a quote from Woodys "campaign" letter:

"Cracking down on irrational website behavior is a must. Our website is a tool for members to be informed through the sharing of knowledge, informed about events presented by the PPHA, informed about laws and regulations concerning predator hunting. And most importantly the website is a tool to instill comradery amoungst its members which is what this organization was founded upon so many years ago…as well as, to stand up and fight for our beneficial regulation changes, to have fun with fellow members and promote the sport of predator hunting to all interested. New and crystal clear website rules laying out proper conduct will be enacted to keep out the unneeded drama that has afflicted our site in the past. The PTA doesn’t have a web forum for their organization, and they obviously do not have the senseless arguing and drama which this organization has been dealing with. It’s no wonder they are growing and gaining members. We’ve had potential members checking in on our forum lately and were turned away due the constant bickering. This distasteful behavior in our forums is breaking this organization apart at the seams and current members have been leaving in droves due to this irrational behavior as of late. The PPHA is hindered in moving forward into the future because of this. If members have an issue with how something is run, organized, or planned they will be strictly urged to talk with their district officers first. The chain of command up the ladder will be strongly enforced. Other options to be enforced will include email, the Personal Message (PM) feature and phone to discuss issues. I will be clear that I do not support censorship. Healthy & polite discussions without hidden agenda’s or attempts to stir controversy are encouraged….but the health of the PPHA depends on a strict & enforced code of conduct on and off the website forum."

-----taken from an excerpt of Ben Woods PPHA President campaign post about his ideas for the forum boards
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 01:37:52 PM »
Lifes2fun, I think his last sentence kind of says it all. Many members are a bit confused about what they can and can't say on the forum. If you guys think this an excuse to "stir something up" then think again. I don't need a lecture from the President of this club telling me how much work the Presidents job is. It was a voluntary position that he accepted with sound mind and judgment. There are two sides to every story, it can't or shouldn't be one sided. Some of the officers of this club need to learn how to deal with thoughts and opinions of others and not jump the gun and accuse members of starting trouble. It is a shame that no one can even begin to discuss optional issues with out being "black balled". If this is the way you guys want to run this club that is fine with me. I also realize that membership is voluntary as well. This is too much like what is going on in DC right now with a one party system. Very sad.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »
Personally, I like hearing opinions of membership. It takes experience and some knowledge to listen. Trying to control peoples opinions is what they do in Iran and China. Not good.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 01:44:50 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »
Lifes2fun, I think his last sentence kind of says it all. Many members are a bit confused about what they can and can't say on the forum. If you guys think this an excuse to "stir something up" then think again. I don't need a lecture from the President of this club telling me how much work the Presidents job is. It was a voluntary position that he accepted with sound mind and judgment. There are two sides to every story, it can't or shouldn't be one sided. Some of the officers of this club need to learn how to deal with thoughts and opinions of others and not jump the gun and accuse members of starting trouble. It is a shame that no one can even begin to discuss optional issues with out being "black balled". If this is the way you guys want to run this club that is fine with me. I also realize that membership is voluntary as well. This is too much like what is going on in DC right now with a one party system. Very sad.

And I am not accusing YOU of stirring the pot or starting trouble...but I have seen and received the emails , threats and other garbage that accompany the "so called opinions" and have seen severely how if one doesnt agree to do it a certain way that "legal actions will be taken" and "if its not done my way it will fail" and because things arent done for a certain person that "the officers dont have a clue at what theyre doing"
If THATS not trying to start problems and make accusations at people, I dont know what is.

debates work fine, different opinions are what makes the world work, but when I get accused of being stupid and a failure because I wont vote a certain way, because a select few feel that...thats when its a problem.
It was deemed that the discussion/ debates were causing more problems with the membership so it was done away with all together.

The games that get played arent worth our membership IMO
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 01:58:14 PM »
Personally, I like hearing opinions of membership. It takes experience and some knowledge to listen. Trying to control peoples opinions is what they do in Iran and China. Not good.

you like those opinions until they dont agree with yours
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
Opinions are great.  Problem is, everyone has one. ;)