Author Topic: Truglo 3 X 9 50 MM Illuminated scope?  (Read 5305 times)

uncle buck

Truglo 3 X 9 50 MM Illuminated scope?
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:13:08 AM »
Your opinion of the cheap Truglo 3 X 9 50 MM illuminated scope.....????

uncle buck

Re: Truglo 3 X 9 50 MM Illuminated scope?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »
I installed one of these on my 17 Rem...... I had a daytime scope on it so this will allow me to use the 700 BDL for night time hunting instead of just daytime hunting.....  Dicks Sporting Goods had and outstanding deal on this...They had them on sale....a 3 X 9 50MM for $79.99 and a $30 dollar rebate.....$49.99  I saw that MFG list price was $199.99.

Scope comes with scope covers,  water tight container with lens cleaner and lens cloth.  The water tight container alone would cost you about $8.00 in Wal-Mart  You all know how much scope covers alone can cost you...

I will have to let you all know how the Truglo illumianted recticle work out for night hunting..

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 08:00:21 AM »
UncleBuck, I have a truglo but not that model.  I was just comparing it to my Konus Pro IR to a hunting partner the other day.  I like the Konus but love the truglo.  I don't think you will be sorry for that price.  Mine cost a lot more.  I wish I would have gotten a deal like that.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline DAVID1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 12:27:41 PM »
I was going to get a tru-glo I had one a while back, but could not decide between that or a bushnell banner 4-16-40 with the option of grreen/red crosshair at any time.
 I went with the bush. I just got it yesterday. I will be trying it at night here soon.
         Dave

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:27:04 PM »
What I like about the Truglo is that it only let up at the cross air intersection and the BDC lines... The outside of the Recticle is like a daytime scope...The Redhead scope entire recticle is lit up...Of course the Muller only a dot is illuminated in the middle of the crosshairs.

I think I am going to like this TRUGLO recticle set up for sure....

Offline DAVID1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:33:28 PM »
U.B.
 May wanna check out the one i said, ONLY the crosshairs light up. I also was very picky about the reticle. I hate dots,lines etc.

The bush has the option of either green/red crosshair only. I really like the green because it dont mess your eyes up at all.

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »
Now that Firefly? That thing is activated by shinning a light on the inside of the scope tube.  Heard that it goes out shortly there after...is that the Bushnell Firefly?  Might be a good thing to make sure any scope is activated by a battery not by holding a light on it for a period of time...

You shotgunner....Try the luminous paint kit that Cabelas sales,  0h for about $3.00....Dab the primer on the bead of your shotgun...Then the paint...I did that to my 10 gauge NEF....Your head light will activate this type of light set up on your shotgun...Truly cheap if you do not mind painting your front bead of your shotgun...You don't hae to add any light to or near the bead to light it up either...Any head light on your head lights it up....

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 06:06:12 AM »
I looked at Dick's yesterday for this scope and could not find it. 

Offline DAVID1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:32 AM »
I also need glow in the dark paint for my shotgun bead. I recently painted my 870 wingmaster . It's hard to see at night.

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »
Kind of expensive but it goes a long way since a little dab will do you on about 40 shotgun sights.
 http://www.cabelas.com/p-0012808222400a.shtml

Funny I probably will see this recommendation in one of the top predator calling magazines oh in about 2 months...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:11:12 PM by uncle buck »

Offline DAVID1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »
yeah u.b. I seen the kit awhile back I dont want to buy a whole bottle for one bead!