Author Topic: Election  (Read 3546 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Election
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:02:27 PM »
I know I'm coming into this a little after the fact.  But, I just had a severe brain fart.

Why not during the ANNUAL EXPO? can't we do the nominations and then let the members vote within the forum.  Since there seemed to be a good turn out there.  The only person I know there was Woody and that was because we hunted together in the state wide hunt.  It would be a great platform for the nominees to voice their ideas.  At the same time put a face the forum names.

The second idea I had was split the state half or 4s and have 2 or 4 presidents.  In addition a vice president for each sector and then coordinators for the districts from there.  I think that will help to eleviate alot of the stress and negativity.  It is not leaving one person(s) with all the decisions to be made.

I hope that ALL the powers to be will consider these ideas and just throw them to the side.

One last suggestion, at the Expo next year, this maybe childish, but how bout name tags?

Sorry, my brain has diarrhea right now.  Another thought I had, maybe creating regions instead of districts would help to even the member numbers out.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:42:57 PM by swarter2 »
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
Re: Election
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:12:18 PM »
This isn't a bad idea to have the election at the expo, but as the current by laws are wrote it has to be done at this point in time.  I do think that when the new set of officers discuss changes to the bylaws that the entire election process be discussed, and probably revised.

As far as the name tag thing, at the first one we had name tags, I guess thats one thing that flew under the radar this year and got missed, but I'm sure the powers behind it this coming year will take your suggestion and make sure there are some there.
~mountainfox

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »
The second idea I had was split the state half or 4s and have 2 or 4 presidents.  In addition a vice president for each sector and then coordinators for the districts from there.  I think that will help to eleviate alot of the stress and negativity.  It is not leaving one person(s) with all the decisions to be made.
+1
FayetteNam

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »
Remember guys,  constructive criticism will get us some where and destructive criticism is exactly that, destructive.  Lets all work together to move this organization forward.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 09:48:34 PM »
Swarter
        Yes, let's move forward.
         Just some food for thought. I believe there is too much going on at the Expo to get the election involved. The few who do the work wouldn't have the time to inject an election into a public affair. The Expo would need to involve several days and I don't believe we are large enough to sustain the interest, yet.
         As for one person making major decisions, anyone serving on the board could tell you the President leads, with the approval of a 10 member Executive board. In my 6 years on the board, I can recall times a President was voted down on some things.

NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:02:10 PM »
At the expo give the candidates 5mins each say they say what they are about.  Thats not much to ask for is it.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06:24 AM »
Five minutes isn't much time to speak to the membership  and the general public about what you plan for the organization.
Then again, maybe a candidate for an office won't or can't make it to the Expo. Both Expos we've had, membership attendance was between 20-40%.
We had the right idea to have them outline on the website their ideas and plans for the club. That is, w/out membership criticism. The missing ingredient was the newsletter, which we cannot find someone to publish. Both are necessary ingredients to reach the membership. Many internet members have given up accessing the website for the obvious reasons.
 I've been  a member for 6 years and an officer for 5 and a half. I have processed memberships for 5 of them. Spoken to and answered questions from many also. Quite a few have been members longer than me. Overall, they are proud to belong and support the club, for all it has accomplished, for a small club, and the work being done by a few on their own time and expense.
 I would gladly and truthfully answer any questions I can from any member or yourself who pms me or calls.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers