Author Topic: seen inglorious basterds yesterday.  (Read 2195 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
seen inglorious basterds yesterday.
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »
Wasn't really what I was expecting.  I have seen many of tarentinos movies and most of em seem to be bouncing around with no real point to it.  but still hold you for some reason.  special effects were pretty good and there was a bit of comedy included.  might buy it when it comes out on dvd.  This was one of the only movies I have been to in a while that I actually wanted it to end soon.  It had a lot of dead spots in it.  not very much action like I thought it would have in it.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:59:22 AM by ppha »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: seen inglorious basterds yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »
yeah, the trailers/previews were misleading. BUT, i thought the movie was awesome. not one of Tarantino's better works....but enjoyed it none the less.
only complaint is the subtitles...they came up and went away too quickly .felt i missed a bit to much on the screen while my eyes were at the bottom. but there was some humor in the subtitles that could have been easily missed.
you really have to enjoy an follow Tarantino to enjoy this movie. his style is so wacky and different..but its what i like about him.
never seen a movie like this one where i'm on the edge of my seat in suspense...than laughing 30 seconds later. very unique style he has. 8)

Arevederchy!!!!  ;D lol
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: seen inglorious basterds yesterday.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:04:44 AM »
I watched this movie last night, and I haven't been a huge fan of Tarantino, but I did like this movie. I will say though, like stated before, it def had some dead spots in the movie, along with very fast subtitles! You almost have to be a spead reader to keep up with it. But non the less I think it was more humorous than action packed. Pretty much everytime Brad Pitt came into the scene, I was ready for a laugh, but over all it was a good movie.
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"