Author Topic: Fiber optic sights (shotguns) at night?  (Read 3118 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Fiber optic sights (shotguns) at night?
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »
I use a mossberg 500 turkey gun with the white bead sight and find it hard to get on eyes and the bead at the same time. Does anyone know or use the fiber sights with a headlamp? and do they glow even with the light coming from the same direction that you looking?
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fiber optic sights (shotguns) at night?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:48:11 PM »
Ian, I have the same gun with fiber optic sights on front and rear. Yes they do light up with a head lamp.
President PPHA

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
Awesome, Any one that you recommend?
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
There are many available. I think I would stay away from the magnetic type because hunting at night can get a little hectic at times. Get the kind that mount with a screw. My gun came with mine. By the way, if you install a plug on your light make sure no one accidentally plugs it into a 110 outlet in your house. Something will blow.
President PPHA

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »
The light has to be behind the sights.
 I would recommend getting a red dot scope over fiber optics. IMO alot easier to find the target and sight.
PPHA District 3

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:08:48 AM »
I use a mossberg 500 turkey gun with the white bead sight and find it hard to get on eyes and the bead at the same time. Does anyone know or use the fiber sights with a headlamp? and do they glow even with the light coming from the same direction that you looking?
buy a front turkey hunting fiber  type sight that fits right on the rib behind the shotgun bead:
Then illuminate it with this small light. When it's time to shoot push the switch on this Cheap Truglo light to light up your front turkey raybar type sight.
http://www.truglo.com/content/products/firearm/accessories_dealer/hunters_lite.asp

Dicks Sporting Goods have them a pack of 4 for about $14.85..They will be with the Archery Equipment in their hunting department.  The pack comes in red, white, green and blue lights...All will work to light up the front sight...

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm gonna try these things out prior to season.
FayetteNam

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 10:01:29 PM »
Sorry, I'm late on this one but check out the tritium sights,they have a continual glow that looks similar to a firefly.Direct replacement of your front bead.