Author Topic: Foxpro51 and "Barney"  (Read 2700 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Foxpro51 and "Barney"
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
If anyone wants to test their shooting skills then go on a hog hunt with Earl and his 20lb little buddy Barney. We were making shots yesterday that were so long that from the time you pulled the trigger till the bullet hit I had time to smoke a cigar. It isn't easy hitting a "pin head" at 1000 yards with a 20 mph crosswind, although I did have the hogs doing the "bullet" dance. It's surprising how big an inch is sometimes. Earl and "Barney" are the ultimate hunting pair. Try it sometime, you'll like it.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Foxpro51 and "Barney"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »
I seen it all. Deer, Fox, COYOTE, dog, house cat. All in the same area yesterday while groundhog hunting. I had the coyote in a 40 power Zeiss spotting scope. Was he pretty.

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 05:37:29 PM »
If anyone wants to test their shooting skills then go on a hog hunt with Earl and his 20lb little buddy Barney. We were making shots yesterday that were so long that from the time you pulled the trigger till the bullet hit I had time to smoke a cigar. It isn't easy hitting a "pin head" at 1000 yards with a 20 mph crosswind, although I did have the hogs doing the "bullet" dance. It's surprising how big an inch is sometimes. Earl and "Barney" are the ultimate hunting pair. Try it sometime, you'll like it.

hey they make guns for that type of hunting,a 243 with 57 grain v-max bullets.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »
With this being said, I don't want to hear anymore tales of missing coyotes at 100 yards this season, haha!
FayetteNam