Author Topic: Two annual predator hunts?  (Read 3782 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Two annual predator hunts?
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »
????
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:24:23 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Two annual predator hunts?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:54:01 PM »
That idea has possibilities Ian, lets see how everyone else feels about it. I'm always up for a hunt without snow and ice. If we have two, I'll be there for both.
President PPHA

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »
I like the idea of an earlier hunt...but even if it doesnt happen with a state wide...districts can hold one also.

I know we held a district hunt last year (although I think it was windy and icy then too  ;D)

Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:47:37 AM »
 I definitely like the idea of an early season state hunt,with better weather and better odds more people will participate, young and old.And with better results comes more excitement.
  The late season hunt would be the icing on the cake.Anyone that can harvest fox while wearing ice- skates has my respect and deserves the state title.
 Some thoughts on possible prizes or maybe a small entryfee?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:36:31 AM by foxtrot »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:54:06 AM »
Just saying but last year the north central hunt was held the first weekend of october.  kinda hard to get much earlier.  like I said just saying.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 09:43:33 AM »
Ben...just a correction...I think it was the first weekend of Nov bud...Furbearer doesnt come in til late Oct
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 09:51:38 AM »
The furs probably not prime until the last week of october at the earliest.I don't think its a good idea to  harvest anything before then.Best not to waste the resource.Just my thought.I know the anticipation is hard though.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 11:11:49 AM »
doh yep your right.  I was thinking november.  it was held the first full weekend of november last year. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 08:08:16 AM »
The last week of october or the first week of nov. sounds pretty good for an early hunt.It will give you a chance to work the bugs out before things get into full swing.