Author Topic: new lite for predator hunters  (Read 5380 times)

Offline kc

new lite for predator hunters
« on: June 21, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
this a new lite that we will be introducing to the public in a few weeks. it`s about as bright as a 21 vilt belt light, but has no battery pack or cords and about the size of a cell phone. it has a burn time of around 4hrs on high and 20 hrs on low beam. we also have mounting brackets coming out for shotguns & scopes. this lite shoots a very tight beam that will light up eyes out to around the 500 yrd range or more. it`s also 100 % water proof, durable and very light weight. we will be displaying this lite at a booth july 11th at P.P.H.A.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: new lite for predator hunters
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »
Way cool, sounds like it is a real nice light. I see there is clear plastic on the sides. Question though, do you get light filtering out to the sides that might light up your hunting partner and if so I guess one could just paint it or some type of hood installed?
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:47:52 PM »
NICE
I take it that this light is also rechargable and the 500yd range is on high i guess.

Offline kc

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 02:11:42 PM »
buckwheat, no that`s something that you won`t have to worry about.

rosko, yes, this lite is rechargable.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
KC
Thanks for the quick reply, Can we look at them on a web site?
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »
That light looks sweet. Will there be a red lens available and what is the price range? Also, where is the battery?
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »
Need a mount for 1 inch amd 30mm tube scopes. Need a mount for shotgun barrels. Red lens that stays on is very important. Has it been tested on actual predators or deer etc at night? You say 500 yards to spot eyes?  Is that with red lens or white? Batteries? Since i am a light nut i looking forward to seeing it. It seems like a good light for close in work. Under 100 yards with 22 caliber or shotgun. I use lights extensively in Texas, Wyoming and Pa. I tend to like the brighter lights with large beams. THe one thing good about your light is no wires and compact. You may have a winner here.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:54:29 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline kc

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
foxpro51, scope mounts wiil be available for both, plus a shotgun mount. i will say that i have not tested the lites distance with a lens cover on, due to the fact they are still in production.  the battery is housed inside the light case.

guys,  i just wanted to say thank everyone for the interest in the lite. i will post more details soon, but till the lite goes public in a few weeks, we need to keep some info private. i hope everyone understands and i wish i could answer all questions now.

thank you very much,
                                                                         matt mcdonnell.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
Matt, I look forward to checking out your new lite.....I do agree though...the red lens would be a big plus...but I'm curious as to what effect it would have on the distance.

Welcome aboard!!!

Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »
KC, can't wait to see this one.  If it performs well with a red lens, I bet you sell a lot of them..........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bhw

• Junior Forum Member
    • Bark at the Moon Coyote Club
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 12:00:49 AM »
Gang,

I was introduced to this light tonight and it looks very promising! It has all the features that a serious predator caller could ask for. Mine's on order  :)

BHW
Read the NEW book EASTERN COYOTE CHALLENGE at Bark at the Moon Coyote Club! http://www.bucksnorthuntingworld.com/

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »
must be a similar light that is in landscape lights.
my friend in WV.made a dim red light out of a landscape l;ight houseing,and put a regular aa battery in it,it will run for 2 days strait.

Offline bhw

• Junior Forum Member
    • Bark at the Moon Coyote Club
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »
Guys,

I just came out of the field with this new light. Here is my quick review. Let my preface this by saying that my eyes are not what they used to be, and I am often the last guy to see eyes shining while night hunting...

- The light is small and lightweight. At first, I thought that I would miss the handle (like what is on my Lightforce), but the small diameter of the light made it very easy to handle and scan with the light.

- At 100 & 200 yds, with the beam set on low and while using a green lens cover (red was unavailable at test time)the entire target, small reflectors that simulate eyes, was illuminated so that a body shot could have been taken.

- At 478 yds, the "eyes" were illuminated using the low setting and green cover

- While using no cover on low, all targets lit up very brightly up to the 478 yd target.

- While in the high setting, all targets were lit up brightly and I'd have to say that targets at greater distances would light up too. We simply ran out of space.

- The switch was quiet and very easy to operate

All in all, it was a real enlightening experience, and I look forward to seeing how hunting goes with this light in the fall.

bhw
Read the NEW book EASTERN COYOTE CHALLENGE at Bark at the Moon Coyote Club! http://www.bucksnorthuntingworld.com/

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »
must be a similar light that is in landscape lights.
my friend in WV.made a dim red light out of a landscape l;ight houseing,and put a regular aa battery in it,it will run for 2 days strait.

T.O.. Was that landscape light a solar light?
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »
SEnd on to me and i will give you an honest comparison. I will compare it against Night Lite hat Light and Night Force light. I know it can't compare to night force but it will give me an idea on body shots. I am more interested  in using it to spot incomming eyes out to 200 yards or so from my head.