Author Topic: Nite Lite Company (ripoff) huntsmart.com  (Read 4554 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Nite Lite Company (ripoff) huntsmart.com
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:44:12 AM »
  Ok, So I've had a bad experience with the huntsmart.com guys/gals.
I purchased a headlamp from their website at the advice of this message board. It was the sport 2. I got it on Dec. 30, 08. From that time I blew the bulb that came with it and 4 others that I bought from walmart and 1 I got trom trophiesonly. I was getting an hour to an hour and a half use from each bulb. So, I waited til the seson was over and I sent it back for repair. They sent it back saying itwas the wrong bulb (which dosen't explain why the original blew in less that a hour of use). So I called a supervisor and she said that the head repair guy was gone that week and she will pay to have it picked up for him to look at it. Fed ex picked it up the next day.
  Weeks have gone by and I called last week to find the status and someone said it was done and basically told me the same thing that it was the wrong bulb so I said thank you and hung up. After a week of thinking they were gonna ship it I called back this time and got the shock of a lifetime. They replaced the bulb and are charging me for the bulb and shipping back. Then he can't find the record of me even ordering it from them. Then after he found it then he started making all kinds of excuses about the product. This headlamp came with no directions other than charging times and battery hook up. Well this guy tells me that I have to turn it all the way down and let it warm up for 5 seconds before slowly turning it up.He also said that the only bulbs that work in these are the bulbs you have to buy from them at $1.49ea. plus shipping. None of this stuff was posted on the site or in the directions and if this is the truth I would not have bought it. I told him I was sorry I ever bought one from you guys and he replied I'm sorry to. Just something to keep in mind when your thinking of buying a headlamp. They get your orders out fast but when something goes wrong with their product they make up ways to profit from it and treat you like garbage if you question them.
FayetteNam

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Nite Lite Company (ripoff) huntsmart.com
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »
hmm first time I heard of a problem with them.  I do know that if you use the wrong bulb they are not as bright nor do they last as long.  but they do last longer then a hour.  I was buying the ones from walmart also until I seen the difference that one of their bulbs make in the brightness.  the only thing I can tell ya to do ian is keep givin em grief over it.  after awhile they should come around.  you paid for the product and they should make right by it.  there has to be some kind of reciept through your credit card or bank statement. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  I never had any problems with them either.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:05:30 PM »
 I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience.Nitelites have always done well for me.The bulbs do make a difference in brightness and longevity.I personally like the halogen bulb but not sure if they are compatible with the sport model.They are a little pricey to try if your light is having other issues.
Sometimes it pays to be persistent and if you don't get the answer you need your probably talking to the wrong person.Good luck,let us know how you make out.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 03:40:27 PM »
I never had a problem with my  Wizard system... When the jack eventaully broke off I just ordered a new Jack and it works fine.  However  I have shyed away from the bulky battery type lights.... I use the Petzel head lights now that take AA batteries.
If your a shotgunner check out the Remington lights on the light stand by the cah register cunters in Lowes.  Excellent shotgunne red lens light and has the capability to track wounded game too...  Look for the Remington logal on this particular light..

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »
I just got a letter in the mail Thursday from NLC (night lite company), reminding me that my headlamp is done and that I owe $7.23. It made me mad again so I tried to call to talk to stacy (supervisor) they didn't want to let me talk to a higher up (just like last time) so I got her voice mail. I gave here a quick idea of who I was from the last time we talked and my problem and left my number. She never did call back. I will pay to get my light back and I will bash this company every chance I get. How can you sell a product without letting the consumer know that you can only use their bulbs and their is a certain way to turn it on that is supposed to give longer bulb life? These things were not posted anywhere on the site or directions and knowing this would have steered me clear of purchasing this headlamp.
FayetteNam

Offline corey26

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 05:19:34 PM »
I haven't had a problem with them yet, and this winter I ordered a sport spot 2 and when it came the package was damaged and so were the wires on the lamp.
I called them and told them about it and they had Fed Ex pick it up that week. They replaced the package with a brand new one and didn't charge me for the
shipping either way. The lady on the phone made sure to tell me that the red lens covers will melt if the light is on high for to long. She also recommended
ordering a few replacement bulbs again in the future because they only last a few hours each.
Proud member of the PPHA

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 10:56:50 PM »
 They picked mine up but I had to pay to get it back. They replaced the bulb and I had a $5 minimum shipping fee. I now have it but will not know how it works till hunting season starts again. I don't want to sit around blowing bulbs for no reason. That guy gave me the run around that everything was my fault and not the product. He basically was pulling things out of the air as excuses. After speaking with him I told him I was sorry I bought this light from them and his reply was he was sorry too. I spoke with Stacy the suppervisor and she made better but I still had to pay so basically I am back to square one. My light is still gonna blow bulbs and (whether it's theirs or wal marts) and I'm still gonna get the run around. I just wanted people to know how I was treated. I didn't tell the whole story because of my frustration at the time.
FayetteNam

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »
They picked mine up but I had to pay to get it back. They replaced the bulb and I had a $5 minimum shipping fee. I now have it but will not know how it works till hunting season starts again. I don't want to sit around blowing bulbs for no reason. That guy gave me the run around that everything was my fault and not the product. He basically was pulling things out of the air as excuses. After speaking with him I told him I was sorry I bought this light from them and his reply was he was sorry too. I spoke with Stacy the suppervisor and she made better but I still had to pay so basically I am back to square one. My light is still gonna blow bulbs and (whether it's theirs or wal marts) and I'm still gonna get the run around. I just wanted people to know how I was treated. I didn't tell the whole story because of my frustration at the time.

p77
I bought a wizard system before last season, and thought I was having the same problem, when actually I wasn't blowing the bulbs at all.  What was happening was that the bulb wasn't making contact like it should.  I had to take the head apart and bend the bottom contact of the bulb up a little and every since then it has worked fine.  I used it the rest of the season (december on) and never had anymore trouble.  I know when mine was acting up I got really p'ed off about it, it would work fine at home and as soon as we'd get to our first stand I'd go to turn it and and it wouldn't work.    If your going to the expo bring it with you and I'll take a look at it for you if you'd like.
~mountainfox