Author Topic: the hunt for a cure 2009  (Read 2305 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
the hunt for a cure 2009
« on: April 04, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »
Quote from: bootmud
Earlier this year my mother was diagnosed with a very rare form of breast cancer called Inflamatory Breast Cancer. This disease is very aggressive and fast spreading. Even more scary is that IBC is not detected by mamograms.

In my mothers case by the time the diagnosis was made she was already infected in other parts of her body. As of now she has received 5 chemo treatments with many more to go. Her spirits are good but the side effects take their daily toll. She continues to work when she can and go about her daily life. At just 58 years old she still has lots of fight in her and I hope to have her around for a long time to come.

To me mom was my provider in youth and a best friend all my life. She is the very defination of compassion, stability and love. Mom is sacred ground and I'd do anything for her.

Wiht that said, I've come up with an idea to help the fight against breast cancer so we have out mothers, sisters, wifes, and daughters for a long time to come. This week I've started a campaign to raise some money for the Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coaltion (PBCC). As most of you know I own Kettle Creek Calls (predator calls). I have started the process having 25 breast cancer pink Backstabber predator calls made that I hope to have lazer engraved and numbered 1 thru 25 that I will offer for sale with #1 being auctioned off on at Hunt for a Cure page at the KCC website.

My goal is to raise as much money as possible to donate by late summer with hunters, outdoorsman, and good hearted people as the major contributors.

Please visit the Hunt page at...

http://www.kettlecreekcalls.com/TOMCAT_COAXER.html

Thanks,

bootmud
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: the hunt for a cure 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »
Curt hope things work out for your mother... cancer is a cruel disease, I lost mom, dad and a daughter to it...

here's a site I visit daily to click on the banner...

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...