Author Topic: New D2 guy here...  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
New D2 guy here...
« on: March 26, 2009, 01:20:53 AM »
Hi guys whats goin on? I'm from Elizabethtown, PA and just getting into predator hunting and taking varmiting a little more serious. That puts me into district 2, and it seems there are lots of members from this area so i'm pretty excited to hear from people in the area. A little about myself, i'm 24 years old and currently working as a Organic chemist with Analytical labs in Middletown, Pa. A friend and I are also looking into starting a wildlife and fish management consulting company (What I really went to school for haha). I graduated college up at Mansfield University of PA, and absolutely love the big woods, and have plenty of places to hunt if anyone gets up that way or lives there. So far i've done a few night fox hunts, and was just out for hogs today. Had only a few opportunities with fox, the one night I had 3 come in I had no partner to hold the light so I could shoot (thought I could pull it off alone--i'm new haha). Shot plenty of hogs and looking to do more, maybe even open up a hog hunt through my sportsmans club in Middletown, Pa. Really interested in working over some yotes up north near Mansfield/Wellsboro area if anyones interested in that, i've got plenty of places to hunt. I am currently hunting predators with my new Savage model 25 in .223 Rem, and I have no complaints about it yet! I have just mailed in my application and money for a 3 year membership last week, will I get an email confirming that the correct people have recieved them? Or some sort of email? One last question, is there any news letters about upcoming events and get togethers or is it all completely online? Thanks for anyone that takes the time to answer those questions, and hope to meet a lot of you in the future, maybe even share the hunt someday! Shoot straight!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New D2 guy here...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:07:49 AM »
welcome
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:56:00 AM »
Ryan, is that you?  If so, its Eric (eroc).  Sure sound like ya bud!  But I thought you still lived in Lititz?
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
Welcome to PPHA.
Just across the river from you and probably know a couple of people that you may know(depending on how long youve been at Analytical I know your old boss, and a few ex co workers)

Where ya hunt at up around Wellsboro...I have a camp in Morris.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »
I have just mailed in my application and money for a 3 year membership last week, will I get an email confirming that the correct people have recieved them? Or some sort of email? One last question, is there any news letters about upcoming events and get togethers or is it all completely online?

You are a paid 3yr member thats confirmed.
You should also get a welcome package soon.
The Howler is our news letter thet Shawn takes care of.
Unfortunatley, the district 2 officers position is vacant at the present time,
the duties of this position is to coordinate district events and inform the district of them.
Otherwise check in on the forum for future events.
Welcome aboard!!

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 02:27:05 PM »
Also have a camp up around Wellsboro - Knoxville area!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 03:54:56 PM »
Also have a camp up around Wellsboro - Knoxville area!

Eric ever sit and straddle the state line?   ;D 
I didnt know you go to  camp up there also.

Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »
I have, lol  :)

I like to visit the bear track for some beers now and then.

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:34:51 PM »
Welcome aboard......Make sure you get out in the summer time and do some night time target practice.  Get permission from a farmer to do this... Set up some paper plates on a dowel rod or stick...Attach two reflectie eyes made from reflectie auto tape (Wal-Mart auto department).   Get use to your light and your gun this way....You have to decide if you want to be a rifleman or a shotgunner or both.  So many different ways to use lights. Your going to have to find the best one that suits you....  Ask question here on the forum if you need some info on how to properly use a light when you hunt by yourself....Good Luck welcome aboard again...