Author Topic: Member page.  (Read 23972 times)

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Member page.
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 11:13:41 AM »
P77 whats your zip...I'd like to check the difference in distance between you having to go to the North Central Hunt and Me (a Dist4 member) I'll even just go from my house to Renovo, instead of my house to camp and then the 50 miles, one way, of dirt state forest roads I had to take from camp to Renovo, but it was my choice...and both my wife and myself enjoyed ourselves. Even had a chance to take her out with me hunting.
I'll even check the picnic if youd like......
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »
We are gonna have are own hunts and picnics,they dont have to be ppha,77.
If they are not allowed to be without involveing the whole organaztion.I dont know what the ppha laws are on that.Foxpro51 said we are haveing the picinic at his place.He is even getting Kenny Chesney.We cant ask for much more than that.Also even though the picnics are out East,there isnt much of a turnout at them.We will be fine.i am going to try to make it out there some.Even are district officers have not made all the events because it is kind of far.I feel it also needs more on a East,and West side.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:25:22 AM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 11:18:20 AM »
the picnics aren't out east they are out west for me.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
Ben i think p77 is looking at the whole membership.But even getting members is hard as most predator hunters like to hunt alone as it is more productive in my book.I dont mind going out with new friends but most of the time,i just enjoy going out.I think it will grow some in d6,but like out there it will take time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:24:43 AM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2009, 11:37:43 AM »
Trophies....you would have a further drive than me(but I'll trade ya roads  ;D)...but heres my next question....why dont you guys put together a North West Hunt?   There was a former member here who held (still holds just isnt PPHA anymore) a hunt at his camp in the North East.

The North Central hunt was put together by BigBen this year and I believe Buckwheat previous years.

As for the State Wide picnic...I, personally dont care if it gets moved or not, if I can make it, I will, if I cant swing it in the schedule...I wont (thats why I couldnt make it this year)

Every hunt we set up in the PPHA(for the whole PPHA) has NOTHING to do with any individual district....they try to put it in the center for equal driving from far west or far east. Nothing to do with D3 or D4. It is also setup so EVREY PPHA member is allowed to attend....the issues I see coming from you guys right now is...you are trying to be invite only(If I am misunderstanding what you guys are typing ro trying to say then I'm sorry).  Thats not the way the PPHA should be.

As for holding a District picnic...thats a great idea..if you guys want to hold one with a great entertainer....I say go for it...I hope it boosts your membership. If you expect the PPHA to pick up the tab without any concerns above a normal meeting...I doubt the officers would go for it (and I dont think they should)

But I want you guys to understand one thing....it doesnt matter if you have 5 members in a district or 50.....if those 5 members are active members and 48 out of the 50 do nothing.....those 5 will have a bigger impact on what gets accomplished.
So dont worry so much about numbers.....Like Ben said in another thread....when it comes time for the picnic....take the reigns...if you choose to move it out west...just pick a great spot and make it awesome.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:40:34 AM by Lifes2fun »
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »
Ben i think p77 is looking at the whole membership.But even getting members is hard as most predator hunters like to hunt alone as it is more productive in my book.I dont mind going out with new friends but most of the time,i just enjoy going out.I think it will grow some in d6,but like out there it will take time.

ya there are many members like that.  but the ppha is more then that.  not all of us go out hunting with one another.  some just like to talk predator hunting and that is what happens at our meetings.  most like to talk at the events without fear that it will get regurgitated at some other site.  most of the newer hunters myself included understand that it took you fellas years to come up with your techniques and such.  we don't pry but I do believe that each and every one of us are happy if you share just one tip.  if nothing else the storys and bench hunting is what makes a event.  alot of stories. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2009, 01:05:57 PM »
Whats with all the complaining/whining?  ??? Freaking ridiculous ... so what if one district has more members then the other!   

Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »
Right, that should be incentive to get your district's numbers up. For the club
But its not all about the dist with the higher numbers, its an overall, statewide accomplishment
to have more members, statewide. We're all in it together

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
im not complaining.I have hung around with paul,i just cant take the ride anymore,i used to go to Elezebethtown,susquehenna,(spelling},above interstate 80,up 220,apast PSU,just to run hounds for the weekend.Just cant make it out there,with the lyme disease,and such.I didnt mean the ppha had to pick up any bill.I meant like a small cookout.And i didnt join to be competitive at any hunts,etc.Even though i will try my best.I joined for the things this organazation stands for.Thats helping the PA. predator hunter.Laws etc.I am by far no pro.I kill a few fox,and a yote or 2 a year.And call alot for the youth predator hunters till they learn.It is my hobbie,that im addicted 2.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:48:50 PM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »
im not complaining.I have hung around with paul,i just cant take the ride anymore,i used to go to Elezebethtown,susquehenna,(spelling},above interstate 80,up 220,apast PSU,just to run hounds for the weekend.Just cant make it out there,with the lyme disease,and such.I didnt mean the ppha had to pick up any bill.I meant like a small cookout.And i didnt join to be competitive at any hunts,etc.Even though i will try my best.I joined for the things this organazation stands for.Thats helping the PA. predator hunter.Laws etc.I am by far no pro.I kill a few fox,and a yote or 2 a year.And call alot for the youth predator hunters till they learn.

you sound like a heck of a fella.  hope to meet ya someday

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »
Same here.Got a friend who is mad because i joined,and was real mad when he found out i brought Paul here hunting.He is a big time money hunt hunter.I must say he has it down,but he keeps expanding his territorey,and bitc_es about me fox hunting those spots.Thats why i asked longhair to see if they could move the hunt back.I know he didnt win the mosquito creek hunt,but he joins about 15 hunts,in 2 weekends.Probably makes about 3500 avaerage.Both are nice guys and live within 2 miles from me.I have to try to stay out of there areas,they use that money to pay for there out of state liscense,etc.
So i myself am going to start hunting the east more.I will try to make the picnic.Hope to see you fellows there,and good luck this weekend,and watch it is very slippery out there,at least where im from..

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »
his first name aint dale is it? 

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:33 PM »
ypu,how did you know that.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »
lets just say me and him had a runnin on hunting pa.  besides him calling me a fat ass and nothing but a wannabe hunter that only talks about it with a ten inch chin kinda makes a guy think he is a jerk.