Author Topic: Suggestions for higher membership.  (Read 7948 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Suggestions for higher membership.
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:01:56 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline Coulter

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Suggestions for higher membership.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:48:45 PM »
Not directing this to anybody in particular...knock off the petty bickering and use the time for something more constructive.

By the way...I love your sig line ;D ;D
Go Arizona!!
It does not require a majority to prevail but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds    ~Samuel Adams~

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:52:15 PM »
a mp3 sound page would be cool that just the members could use.  I would be willing to donate a few sounds that I have and use.  ppha videos are hard to do unless someone steps up and takes the time to do the editing.  it takes a long time and dedication to do it.  duffman might be interested in doin it.  more merchandise might be a hard one.  we can't sell the merchandise now.  what other stuff do you want other then hats and shirts? 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:58:37 PM »
Ben do you mean like a napster page for calling sounds?
Sort of like sharing files?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »
yeah but I think he is saying non propeitary sounds.  like something that you have recorded or found that is not someone elses sound.  I doubt foxpro would be willing to donate their whole sound library but they do offer 10% discount to members. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 02:09:32 PM »
Sorry I thought you posted that ::)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
posted what?  I really like the predator sounds page.  that is a pretty neat concept and I have not been on any other website willing to give you sounds that work.  of course if someone would post the JS grey fox pup we would have to delete it because of copyright enfringments but other then that I have some bird rabbit and coyote sounds I could post up that are pulled from video that sound good on my foxpro.  calls critters in just as good as the mouth calls I used to make em. 

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »
Posted this:
1. Advertising in more magazines and website (myspace ect.)
2. Links to other sites in exchange for free advertising.Pred. Xtreme and Foxpro might help.
3. An mp3 sounds page (this will draw alot of hunters). 10% discount from foxpro?
4. A PPHA video (picnics,calling comp., hunting ect.).
5. More merchandise (cheaper and easier to find with different designs).
Any more ideas?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »
oh doh on my part.  I get what you said. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 07:29:14 PM »
All your ideas are good but remember without a stream of revenue your going nowhere. Revamp the web site. This is the easiest way to draw members and build much needed revenue to this orginization. Hipe , excitement will go a long ways. This can be a year around organization. (Predator hunting and Groundhog hunting. )Members only section needs to be revamped. Hunt photo's should allways be public. Again it builds hipe and excitement. Many of the above ideas are good. More color and variety on this site. Colored Logo s pull you into the site.  A picture of Predator Extreme on top would be an eye catcher. Good idea from the above poster. Vendors Logo's.  Start with FOXPRO Logo who has helped this organization so much. Once there on here let it snowball vendors snowball. From what i can tell our internet guy can do a grand job if we let him. Glad you guys are comming up with ideas. Why don't we have an ad in Pennsylvania Outdoor News Publication?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:20:43 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 03:54:29 PM »
Pl
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:02:10 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »
Not a bad idea but its a one shot deal. Wonder what the cost is.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »
I
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:02:20 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 08:04:16 PM »
predator77

Dave Kaprocki 12 min calling sequence on here

Great idea, I would love to see this stuff posted here too. However the internet is a great thing to a point. The problem is once you post something new on an internet bulletin board it is no longer exclusive. It will be spread everywhere and be old news as quickly as you post it. And some one else will clam credit on the idea or the post in a week. There might be some way around this copying information or ideas but I think needy people will find a way around it.
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 11:57:15 PM »
FP51
     We had an ad in Outdoor news for the RA seminar several years ago.  Cost several hundred for 1/8 page ad, run one time. It didn't do very much in response.
     As far as being a year round club, we already have crow, groundhog and predator hunts. As we regrow, we will get better response. Like I have said before, we have to work on the district level.  The best way to help us grow is members talking to other hunters. Especially at sportsman shows.
     Predator Xtreme and Foxpro are great assets to us already. I've worked with both over the years. They make it easier for us, and we have to make the effort , especially on the local level.

NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers