Author Topic: Wish PGC would let PGL open until after fox season?  (Read 2880 times)

uncle buck

Wish PGC would let PGL open until after fox season?
« on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:10 AM »
I think it's so kind that the PGC allows some of the roads open for hunters to drive from Point A to Point B instead of having to walk in the roads from the parking lots.
Seems like they close them right after the flintlock season is over in January.
Wow with the new hunting seasons you can now hunt rabbits into February and of course us fox hunters are still calling and hunting into February. I wonder if they could leave the gates open until after fox season was done in February? I know of a many of spots that I could hunt coyotes in NEPA but if you walk the roads in by the time you get to the top of the mountain there are no longer any coyotes in the area for sure.

Offline yotehunter74

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.sfcustompredatorcalls.com
Re: Wish PGC would let PGL open until after fox season?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 03:49:46 PM »
Well, just my .02  but... as well as the reasons dave said in the other post on this subject... I would rather them be closed.... I would rather walk in, drag a sled in, or use snowshoes or ski in, and know I am alone than to be in an area where I have to deal with more people than normal.... I have many areas in Clearfield and centre counties that I actually look forward to the gates being closed and left to calm down for a week or so then hit it one or two time before then last day....  I have some areas it would be much easier if the gates were open... but then again if hunting predators in Pa was easy, everyone would be doing it.....

Steve