Author Topic: 2B, 5C, 5D  (Read 7749 times)

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
2B, 5C, 5D
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »
At the upcomming GC meeting it is on their agenda to vote on making 2B, 5C and 5D special regulation areas. The new rule would be, no  centerfile rifle and nothing larger then a .22 rimfire.

wanted to see how many were against this and if the membership wanted the board to say something.

thanks
Ryan

tom p

2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 05:59:09 PM »
i dont really know the areas involved---i know its around the pittsburgh area---i cant see the game comm. doing this 4 no good reason---it probably has to do with safety!!!!   for the last 15 years ive told people at some point that most of this state except for the northern tier will become a slug hunting only state like new york---with how this state is getting more & more people building houses in the country its going to happen sooner than later!!!!   so if its a sfety issue i cant see us trying to fight the new law!!!

longhair

2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:33:06 PM »
I'M AGIANST IT !!!!!!! The other counties,other than allegheny, shouldn't  be included in this. The PGC was asked to do this as to "ease confusion" on the matter.
 Some may remember that a council person whated to BAN ALL HUNTING in allegheny co this past year. And the PGC said no. Does anybody see where this is going ? With the urban sprawl there is somewhat of a safety factor, but, you have safety zones and the like that you have to obey. The bigger issue is gun control !!!!!! If you think that this doesn't effect you,even if you do not live or hunt in 2B, it does !!! It really isn't a safety factor because there isn't the data to back this up in this area.
 The mentality of this thinking happened to me when I was younger. The New neighbors that moved in my neighborhood didn't want to hear the shooting of deer. Fine, I moved to another location. After about 3-5 years, they asked me to come back cause they couldn't grow a shrub,flower, or a garden. Same thing happened this year with hunting groundhogs. It wasn't until they knew what I was doing and why did they say "oh by the way, I got this groundhog that's wrecking my backyard---". My point is IT'S THE GUNS !!!!!! That's what this is all about. Don't matter what kind of gun it is. Sorry, just had to vent !!!!  :(

tom p

2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »
like i said i dont know the area----if its a safety issue then i cant see fighting it---but if there is more 2 it than just safety then we should look into fighting it!!!!!

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »
It can be a safety issue in certain areas (Allegheny county mostly).  It doesn't make sense that they would do this to the whole WMU.  I'm with Longhair.  It's just adding more gun control where it isn't needed.  Safety zones can be set up where shooting shouldn't be occurring.

Anonymous

2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
I really don't think that there's a chance in hell of stopping this from happening. There's way more backing to this,politically, than you know. The PGC is gonna comfort people with this,but it won't stop here. Personally,even if we did try to do something, I think it's too late. The meetings starts sunday. This is been under the radar till just a while ago.

longhair

2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 08:57:10 PM »
That be me. ^^^ :roll:

Offline Hodgen

• Junior Forum Member
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 07:25:01 PM »
Best oil up them rifles and stow them away. Then start looking for a slug gun. I just got back from the PGC meeting and not one person addressed the board against the SRA expansion.

But boy did I get "knowed up" on the Nanday Conure (sp?).   :roll:

I have no reason to believe the PGC will alter it's course on this issue.

Offline PaCoyotenut

• Junior Forum Member
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 10:22:47 AM »
Makes no difference to me.I lived in the special regs my whole life. I don't think there was any opposition to this at the PGC meeting because most people in 5c have always been restricted to rimfire rifles.

It used to be if you were hunting above RT.100 in Montgomery and Chester countys you could use a centerfire.RT 100 is at the very top of Montgomery county anyway.I think they did away with the Rt.100 rule a few years ago also anyway.

I could see the people of the North east corner and the very top of 5c maybe complaining about it,but it is definitly for a safety issue.To populated.5D is definitly to populated for rifles,again a safety issue.

One thing that baffles me is that you can use .50 caliber muzzleloaders around here but no centerfire rifles.

As for 5B,i'm not familiar with this area at all.

*PaCoyotenut*

Offline Hodgen

• Junior Forum Member
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 03:18:29 PM »
I think what hunters don't realize is they are not just tossing in special regs in all of 5C, they are expanding the boundries also. Proposed expansion is to the base of the Blue Mtn then west to Rt 61. There is going to be alot of pissed off varmint/fox rifle shooters cuz this is going to take a big chunk of Berks County too.

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »
Proposed expansion is to the base of the Blue Mtn then west to Rt 61. There is going to be alot of pissed off varmint/fox rifle shooters cuz this is going to take a big chunk of Berks County too.

Yep, I'm right on the lehigh-berks line, north-west corner. Its being built up around here but there is definitly no need for a change........yet.
I could care less if they change now though, the only part that sucks for me is the groundhog hunting, and the fact that I have a pile of rifles.
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline Hodgen

• Junior Forum Member
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »
We'll have to see how it all washes out. Hopefully at least someone addressed the Commissioners today about it. If yesterday was any indication my 17 HMR will be seeing some added use...which ain't a bad thing.

It will have some good points for some folks though. More area for crossbows and some of the other perks of SRA's.

longhair

2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »
Quote from: "Hodgen"
If yesterday was any indication my 17 HMR will be seeing some added use...which ain't a bad thing.

Just restocked the ammo bin for my 17HMR with 20 grainers. I got some fuzzy rodents in the 2B area that need tending to !!!!!! 8)

Offline Hodgen

• Junior Forum Member
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 08:26:17 PM »
I heard tale some comments were heard today about the SRA issue.
Hopefully it will be heard anyway.

Offline Hodgen

• Junior Forum Member
2B, 5C, 5D
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 04:07:31 PM »
Looks like the shotgun only thing got tabled but the WMU expansion went through. Info is still early so this might not be gospel just yet.