Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 341406 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #990 on: October 16, 2015, 10:47:00 PM »
just talked with Dickie and he said there had been snow up in the Benezette area 2 weekends ago when he was up elk watching... it's getting to be that time of the year boys, time to get out the shovels, start up the snow blowers and wax the plows up...   8)  I'm digging out the winter shoes (sneakers) and thinking about how much I won't miss the snow...   8) 8) 8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #991 on: October 17, 2015, 06:45:37 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D GFish I can't and don't want to picture a fur lined garter with sneakers.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #992 on: October 17, 2015, 07:18:57 AM »
 ;D ;D Garter   ;D ;D        O ketti

Garters also called leg bands were worn with or without leggings. They were worn just below the knees. One type of garter was an otter fur garter with a square braided medallion at one end and a larger one in the shape of an otter's tail at the other end.

;D ;D  Goose  ;D ;D Are you thinking this  ::) ::)........... :P :P :P :P :P........... 8)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #993 on: October 17, 2015, 07:21:20 AM »
 ;D ;D Meskwaki Clothing  ;D ;D   Sound like anybody we know  :o :o :o :o.................... 8)

Men's Appearance

The typical appeareance of Meskwaki men was his roached hair which was braided and where an eagle quill hung. On his shoulders was painted a print of a hand with red or white clay. The standard dress was a skin cape and buckskin breechcloth with leggings belt and a garter.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #994 on: October 17, 2015, 07:33:18 AM »
 :( :( :( The CEO done pulled your garter too tight  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ and it's making your brain work overtime ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) and that's not good for an olde guy like you!! :P :P :P :P KISS program= Keep It Simple Stupid  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Meskwaki Clothing ?? Now you will have Ernesto digging in the books to see iffin you were BS'n ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:33:36 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #995 on: October 17, 2015, 07:47:41 AM »
 ;D ;D I would NEVER BS  ;D ;D that is painful to read  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(...................The Meskwaki (sometimes spelled Mesquakie) are a Native American people often known to Anglo-Americans as the Fox tribe. They have been closely linked to the Sauk people of the same language family. In the Meskwaki language, the Meskwaki call themselves Meshkwahkihaki, which means "the Red-Earths," related to their creation story. Historically their homelands were in the Great Lakes region. The tribe coalesced in the St. Lawrence River Valley in present-day Ontario.   >:( >:( BS my BUDS  >:( >:(  shame on you... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P........... 8) I guess you were thinking I was BS'ing you the time I told you to put your ear to the ground to see if the FUR was moving????  Naysayer !!!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:50:54 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #996 on: October 17, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) And the beat goes on!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #997 on: October 18, 2015, 06:56:07 PM »
 :( :( :( Saw snow flurries today  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ and frost on the neighbor's roof  :o :o :o :o it's coming  ??? ??? ??? the Great pumpkin jaspr1..... :P :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:00:42 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #998 on: October 19, 2015, 06:34:05 AM »
 >:( >:(  The Great Pumpkin  ;D ;D You have now revealed our secret Pumpkin Patch routine  :P :P dressing in orange and sitting in the pumpkin field, we're the two pumpkins with .223's sticking out of them  :o :o I expect we will now have a lesson at the Coyote College by Professor Wilson on selecting the proper pumpkin size for you  ::) ::) Long neck skinny pumpkins like me  :D and more rounder Jack O'Lantern pumpkins like you  :P.....this will fit in nicely with his SCARE CROW technique......... :P :P....and he will take full credit for developing this back in the 1920's  >:( go eat something I think your hungry  :P :P :P :P :P................. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #999 on: October 19, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) I did...came in out of the pumpkin patch half froze  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Had a ham and cheese sammich  ;D ;D ;D ;D now drinking a coffee  ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1000 on: October 19, 2015, 12:03:59 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) OK, this is post 1000 to this thread  :o :o :o :o :o just had to do it!! :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1001 on: October 20, 2015, 06:39:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Ok for everyone waiting...... ::)........not to be out done this is 1001  :o :o :o :o ..........on to 2000  :P Capt. Ahab  ;) try to be a little more serious this time around .......... :P :P :P :P :P............. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1002 on: October 20, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D But why??  ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1003 on: October 21, 2015, 07:55:50 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Because I reviewed the 1000 posts and your not holding up a Beaver by his ear  :o this is the Trapping Forum  ::) .  Might I suggest  ::) when we launch for the D4 "Buddy Hunt" in Nov., heading up to see our "Buddy" Hern  ;D ;D We can maybe hustle him into a FREE guided hunt, the more "Buddies" the better, and  Beaver trapping lessons .  ;) ;) We can stop at McD's on the way and take him breakfast, "HOTCAKES"  :P, re-heat them over his campfire, no worries.  ;D 1. We might actually see something to shoot if he Guides 2. We will learn how to catch beavers,move up from Porkiepines 3. Hern will show us how to make McD Hotcakes edible 4. Hern will show us how to carve custom belt buckles out of the Hotcake left overs (if you don't eat them all). WIN,WIN,WIN.................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1004 on: October 21, 2015, 08:04:25 AM »
 :( :( :( But you didn't talk about the grinners.....you might be able to teach Hern how you and the grinners have a mutual understanding....you catch them and then let then go and they bring the pizza on pizza nights.... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member