Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 341430 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #885 on: August 06, 2015, 04:34:25 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D G-Fish...yo kin float across  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #886 on: August 07, 2015, 05:26:33 AM »
Rockfish, it's still running for sure, since the 1800's
Google 'Millersburg Ferry'....

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #887 on: August 07, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »
 :o :o :o :o Hern, did you ride it in the 1800s??  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ olde guy  :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:17:25 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #888 on: August 07, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »
that's good to hear, next trip up I'll have to work it into the schedule... prolly some time into Sept...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2015, 07:34:41 AM »
...did you ride it in the 1800s??
Yes, when I was on my way home from the Civil War...From there, took a canal freight boat pulled by mules, north to Northumberland to Mom & Pop.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:29:30 AM by Hern »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2015, 07:51:41 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Always thought you were older than I was  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #891 on: August 09, 2015, 07:15:33 PM »
 ;) ;) Raining real nice here  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2015, 08:20:27 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Got an e-mail from jaspr1...old hammerhead is catching hammerheads  :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #893 on: August 14, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »
 >:( >:( Hey  >:( >:(  No smart remarks from the peanut gallery  :P My grandson ,age 8, and his Pap showed those boys a trick or two  ::)   we had 4  with the 1st 4  attempts  ;D ;D ;D Grandson " We're showing them Pap,HAHAHA"...we had a great time but we did manage to mess up  :( :( :( :( :( I was watching 2 rods mine and his and didn't have the one secured right and 1 minute it was there and the next minute GONE as in GONE, like shot out of a bow  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  Everybody seemed to think it was an Ulua ??? Man I would have loved to have seen it. I think even if I had had the rod in my hands it would have been gone it was that fast  :P :P :P :P...............anyway wonderful trip............. 8)   Oh and did I mention I hate to travel,I like flying but HATE airports.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:10:28 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #894 on: August 14, 2015, 07:47:15 AM »
 ;) ;) Glad your back in Pa....now about your doing the "Bulla-Hula"  :o :o :o :o it might be something we could sell tickets to  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #895 on: August 17, 2015, 07:40:39 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Too hot for anyone to even be on these boards  :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #896 on: August 17, 2015, 10:23:49 AM »
Goose, got a call at 4:30am this morning. Lady said, 'There is a Skunk in your trap, you got him'.
Just set 9 Groundhog holes, with 160's around neighbors Sweet Corn field. He said they were getting his Corn. The second spot, hole, was in a briar patch. I stumbled, fell and was wrapped in briars. Wished I was wearing a coat or long sleeve shirt. I think my hat is still in there.
Gotta mow the lawn when the dew dries, I can't see the grandkids out there.
Then I'll hit the Gatorade and Air Conditioning. May take the wife for a dip in Penns Creek's hiney hole this evening if it gets too hot.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #897 on: August 17, 2015, 12:49:00 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Saw a roadkill skunk today that was all black except for the tip of it's tail  :P :P :P :P My grass is just about all brown  ??? ??? ??? ???....no mowing here for awhile  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »
I have all of these things in the garden.. Had a problem with two chucks... Never more... Skunks seem to be coming through the yard from point A to Point B.. I took care of one of them too..However it's not never more with them...People that are feeding feral cats in the neighborhood.. The skunks find out where and they travel from Point A to Point B...Hey they aren't eating any of the plants...So have at it skunks in your travels.. Will even let the holes open under the fence since they just dig them back out anyway... People... thinking they are helping by feeding these cats that our township places back into the environment.. Something.. Things are getting bad in this here America... What we need here is a pack of coyotes to come in and take care of all the feral cats that the township are saying that have to  be released...Now get this... same MO on how it starts... An old lady started feeding cats.... The cat even knocked down a lamp in her house and her house burned down...So looks like she wasn't there to feed all of her cats.. So they start going all over the neighborhood.  I would like to find out when my township has a meeting open to the public and tell them they could be starting a Rabies epidemic if one of these skunks tears into one of the cats..."Not All Local Government Are Created Equal!"   They are doing things just so they don't piss people off...  The cats are destroying a lot of the plants now... Sleeping in the garden.  Under them..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:43:35 PM by uncle buck »

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #899 on: August 20, 2015, 06:52:53 AM »
 >:( >:( Tone it down UB >:( >:( Your not being PC  :o Bears and cats  :P In Kindergarten we used to get a quiz where they would put different items in a picture and you had to pick the item that didn't belong. ??? ???  I drew a picture of a patio with a lounge chair, a grill,a picnic table,tiki lamps and a bear.  ::) ::) ::) I sent it to the PGC and they circled the grill  :o Grill belongs in the garage  ;D I would suggest you might do a similar drawing of your backyard with honey bees ,baby birds,baby rabbits,flowers and a cat.  ??? Send it to the TWP  and see what they send you. :P :P :P :P My guess is baby birds must go. :D :D :D :D ;D.................America 2015  ;) ;)............ 8) PS: Raining here !
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:56:23 AM by jaspr1 »