Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 341560 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #750 on: May 16, 2015, 02:54:57 PM »
Jasper
Nice find. I need to get out but I started to many projects.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #751 on: May 16, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) Got just shy of 1" of rain in the first T-storm...we need more  :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #752 on: May 18, 2015, 06:38:57 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Rain was very spotty  >:( >:( >:( It would pour buckets in one area and a mile down the road nothing  ??? ??? I am planting strawberry plants today  ;D regardless......... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #753 on: May 18, 2015, 07:05:18 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Put up a fence or they will be gone...a friend bought 25 and in one day she was down to 6... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? yea, in Purry county.... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:05:53 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #754 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:43 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(  A fence  >:( >:( >:( >:( What kind of fence  ??? ??? ??? You are always FULL of such SOUND advice  ::) ::) Can you give me a small clue as to what I'm fencing out ???  :( :( A couple of years ago an independent thinker put up a tire fence to block the neighbor  :P :P :P The authorities made him take it down  >:( >:( How about a couple of DETAILS if it wouldn't be to much trouble.... :o :o................ 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #755 on: May 19, 2015, 07:50:45 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D An electric fence since you have a new found friend that likes your deck also  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) you could always put out some claymores to protect them and dig next years garden at the same time  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:51:12 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #756 on: May 21, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »
 >:( Weatherman was wrong!! :o :o :o He said the rain would stay south of the Mason Dixon  ??? ??? ??? ??? For shame-For shame, the whole state is under rain  :P :P :P :P :P but I'll take it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #757 on: May 22, 2015, 05:39:39 AM »
 ;D ;D Me 2  ;D ;D Nothing beats Mother Nature for watering the plants  ;D ;D my friend moved over a street and is creating Havoc over there  :P ...Well it's getting light out  ;D I think I will go talk to my other feathered friend for a while  ::) He is refusing to come closer  :P I am refusing to budge  >:( and so the game continues  :P :P.................. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #758 on: May 22, 2015, 06:44:35 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o Gonna check the weather in the Smokeys, in person  8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #759 on: May 22, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
Goose
  Iffen you go up high, watch out for the snakes. Or better yet grab a couple for Ernie
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #760 on: May 22, 2015, 08:01:36 PM »
Jasper
You no your going to have to move. One of you hard heads had to give in. What makes you think it's going to be him to give in?  The three gobblers I had it my feeder today didn't seem interested in mating. They just stood around eating and complaining about my cat.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #761 on: May 23, 2015, 05:46:49 AM »
 ;D ;D Nope  ;D ;D I am taking 2 guys out this morning  ::) ::) "Who want to shoot a turkey".   ::) ::) This will be like a Marvin the Martian cartoon, that's why I'm going...."Your blocking my view of the turkey" "KA-BOOM"..lol... ;D ;D ;D ......Goose don't forget the fishing rod  ;D OOP's I'm sorry  :( your just going along to drive and eat .... :P :P :P :P :P :P................. 8)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #762 on: May 28, 2015, 05:04:57 AM »
 :( :( :( Anybody else missing the "Moaning and Groaning Weather Report" from the Goose?  ??? ??? ??? He need's to upgrade his "smarter than him phone" so he can keep his followers  ::) apprised, no matter where he is lurking!  :o :o Looks like the last 3 days of spring turkey will go out hot and buggy  :P :P :P at least in Purry Co.................. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #763 on: May 29, 2015, 03:42:58 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'M BACK!!! Good fud and good times in the Smokies...jaspr1, I even saw a couple of your new found friends there in Cades Cove.... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Turkeys down there didn't even care if we shared the same trail...they could have cared less  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Weather it was only sticky hot two days as we were at the upper elevations  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) jaspr1, iffin you go back down there you hafta do Clingmans Dome....it will test your ticker and talk about a stress test  :o :o :o :o :o WOW!!! I can say I made it to the top, and it's 200 ft higher than Mount Washington in NH....but I will confess....it kicked my butt til I got to the top.... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:44:32 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #764 on: May 30, 2015, 06:45:54 AM »
 ;D ;D I love that place,supposedly it has more black bears than any park in the country,but I have yet to see one.  :( :( Did you happen to notice they had live traps in strategic locations trying to capture wild boar?  ??? Sounds like a fun time was had by all  ;D ;D Welcome back!!....................... 8)