Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 341348 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #645 on: March 11, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
 ;) ;) This olde boy was on a Guided Missile Destroyer DDG, and was a Gunners Mate Guns in charge of two 5"54 Caliber Gun Mounts, 42 pounds of powder pushing a 72 pound projectile over the horizon.. ;D ;D ;D ;D I was also in charge of all the small arms on board.... :P :P :P :P and you wonder why I can't hear....HUH??  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:03:48 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #646 on: March 12, 2015, 05:27:13 AM »
 ;D Great story Goose thanks for sharing  ::) ::) Being a land lubber I don't understand something  ??? ??? ??? If it was a Guided Missle BOAT, how come you were shooting a civil war cannon off the poop deck? ??? ??? How many Seagulls on your arm is a Gunners Mate Guns???  Also what does DDG stand for  ??? I thought them boats were all HMS's and stuff like that  ::) ::) ::)................:P :P :P :P.........sorry about your hearing, but even if you could hear you wouldn't listen  :o :o :o :o.... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #647 on: March 12, 2015, 08:07:59 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D "DD" was the destroyer designation and the "G" was for guided missiles....Guns on that boat?? yea, I've seen birds/missiles turn around and come back  :o :o :o :o and we had to shoot them before they got all the way back  8) 8) 8) 8) Saw one go off the launcher and only go about 100 yds and dive into the ocean  ??? ??? ??? ??? technology is great when it works  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:08:38 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #648 on: March 12, 2015, 08:11:41 AM »
 :( :( :( :( Now let's get back to the good weather...43° and sunny, got to rake soggy leaves today  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #649 on: March 13, 2015, 07:51:43 AM »
 ;D You should be Beaver trapping  ::) crick is coming up, so be careful.  ;) Go slam your little pinky, on your left raking hand, in the car door  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. then run in and cry to Momma your injured  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( This should get you out of raking, but not interfere with your recuperation (shooting and trapping endeavours)  ;D ;D I would suggest some other part  ::) but you've broke damn near every other part already.. :P :P :P :P :P... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #650 on: March 13, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D If not broke...wore out  ::) ::) ::) ::) They are calling for an inch of that thawed snow  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ It will sure have an effect on the cricks  :( :( :( :( Git rid of this snow and I'll start cutting wood  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #651 on: March 14, 2015, 06:41:54 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Around 11pm I said the the little woman "What's that?"  ??? ??? She said  "It's a train whistle, he's coming through the Cove"...I looked out the window and there was a line of birds up the driveway  :o (our telephone lines are buried  ::) ).......YOUR "The Man" UB.....it was RAINING..... >:( >:( >:( >:(  move over C-burg phony new kid in town... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P........... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #652 on: March 14, 2015, 07:01:54 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Thar you go tryin to git all the secret call sounds for yoself  ??? ??? ??? ??? Brown noser  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2015, 04:54:20 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( 44° and the wind is howling so hard, it tore the tarp off my one wood rack.. ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:55:05 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #654 on: March 16, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »
yeah this weather has been rough the past few days... up in the 70's and sunny... we did have rain Friday night though, about an inch, but that's dried out already...   8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #655 on: March 18, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Just in case you weren't paying attention  ??? ??? ??? ??? they are calling for 1-3 inches of the white stuff Friday morning.. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ but you already knew that ..Right??  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #656 on: March 18, 2015, 06:51:14 PM »
Who needs a weather man ....  We have The Goose !
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #657 on: March 19, 2015, 06:21:58 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D HaaaaaH you are learning!!!  :P :P :P :P Large high flying flocks headed north, spring is just around the corner  ??? ??? ??? ??? Just hard finding that corner  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #658 on: March 19, 2015, 09:25:09 AM »
I think I'm going to get me an The Enigma Device to break the code when people use this in their post! :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(. I need to learn everything possible from these post and only an The Enigma Device can break the code..

Wondering if I will be able to run that snow blower just one more time to remove snow or will I have to remove the remaining gas by letting her run out or dumping it.. Notice this morning it was a brisk 35 degrees..

I did notice that their is a big gun show over at the Farm show building in Harrisburg on Saturday and Sunday...I'm going to be helping a landowner post their land Saturday..Something...how people just going on land without asking are the culprits that cause people not to be able to fish and or hunt on lands..
I have been predator  hunting on one other farm for about 15 years now.. They won't allow me to fish in their pond because if people see me fishing in the pond their driveway is filled with other fisherperson trying to gain entry to fish the pond  also.. Ah the negative ripple effect. the old farmer lady just gets burned out answering the door again and again and again. So no fishing what so ever because of negative trigger it causes of her being bothered by human activity..

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #659 on: March 19, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D UB that code is SECRET just as some of your calling sounds are....jaspr1 knows all in this area  :o :o :o :o :o :o maybe you can strike a deal with jaspr1 and you two can do some trading  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member