Welcome to Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association
Predator hunting is the fastest growing segment in the hunting industry.
Together we must protect the very sport we love.
Please consider joining or donating to the first and biggest predator hunting association in Pennsylvania.
With your efforts we will be able to pass on the sport of predator hunting for many generations to come.
- Orange requirements changed.
- #4 Buck Shot approved.
- Road kill furbearers now able to be picked up.
- Gun mounted lights made legal.
- Decoys allowed for use with all predators.
- Cable restraints made legal.
- PPHA vote was one of three votes needed to pass.
- The other two groups assisting in passing this were the Trappers Association and the Hounds Men Club.
- Exposed bait legal for hunting (Coyote Only).
- Organized the first Predator Hunting Association in Pennsylvania.
- Held the first ever Pennsylvania Predator Hunting Expo. Held the first official Pennsylvania Predator Calling Championship.
PPHA Club Mission
It is our mission as sportsmen of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to preserve and promote the sport of predator hunting through education of our youth, self, and others, and to abide by the laws set forth by the Pennsylvania Game Commission, as well as the laws set forth by nature.
The Association offers members the following:
- 6 local districts with district meetings.
- Promotion of the sport of predator hunting.
- Seminars to make you a better predator caller and hunter.
- The enjoyment/company of fellow members and families.
- A family picnic.
- Annual hunts.
- Sponsor discounts.
- Demonstrations, competitions, and shoots.
- A voice for all Pennsylvania predator hunters with the Pennsylvania Game Commission and State Government concerning predator and predator hunting decisions.
D6 END OF SEASON BANG HUNT
D6 held its end of season hunt from 2/01/13 thru 2/16/13. There was a lot of participation for this hunt.
1st place – Carl Oshlick (Alphadawg91) received a FoxPro Spitfire
2nd place – Jason Raudabaugh (Bulldog) received Custom PPHA Howler, custom DX2 call by D3 Game Calls and a custom mini cow horn howler by Bees O’Brian Game Calls.
Thanks to D6 Coordinator Rick Comport for putting this successful hunt together and a special thank you to our sponsors FoxPro, D3 Game Calls and Bees O’Brian Game Calls for their generous donations.
D2 PREDATOR HUNT AND GET TOGETHER
District 2 held a predator hunt and get together on December 29th at the Cabelas in Hamburg. A good time was had by all as the members got together to meet each other and tell stories about their hunt. Long time member Ernie Wilson (Buckwheat) won a custom Dillon hand call which he donated to Matt. Thanks to all who participated in this hunt and get together to make it a success.
~ First place – Cliff Martin (Abolt) received a FoxPro Wildfire2 & FoxPro FoxJack 2
~ Second place - Matthew Stout(Matt-Stunt) received a Dillon GriznGrey, Backstabber and Grand slam.
~ Third place - Michael Zimmerman (Foxfx) received a Dillon Griz n Grey and Backsatbber.
Thanks to D2 Coordinator Mike Huff for putting together this great event, Cabelas Hamburg for the use of their facility and a big thank you to our sponsor FoxPro for their generous donation of the prizes.
PPHA SEASON LONG SPECIES SPECIFIC HUNT
This year the PPHA held a season long season species specific hunt. There was quite a bit of participation.
Winners by category:
~ Raccoon (4)–Jason Raudabaugh (Bulldog) received a Western Rivers Raccoon light
~ Red Fox (17) - Nathan Brubaker (Shortmagger) received a Hunters Specialties Attractor electronic caller.
~ Gray Fox (7) - Anthony Domitrovich (LazyLizard) received a FoxPro Spitfire electronic caller.
~ Coyote (1) – Cliff Martin (Abolt) received a Western Rivers electronic caller.
Thank you to all the officers of the PPHA for putting this statewide hunt together for the members. We would also like to thanks our sponsors FoxPro, Western Rivers and Hunters Specialties for their donation of hunt prizes.