Author Topic: PGC Meeting Recap  (Read 2756 times)

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
PGC Meeting Recap
« on: February 15, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
This is Sheri's post off of her webpage..Crows Nest Calls

Let’s play a game of catch up, shall we.

Jan 28-30 was the PGC quarterly meeting.  I spoke on Sunday on behalf of the PPHA.  It was an honor to be able to bring them back in the forefront of things and give notice so to speak that they are back and want to be heard.

We briefly touched a few points like placing Bobcat Hunting Season before Trapping Season, since many roads in state forests close just before the bobcat hunting season opens and are inaccessible to hunters.  We also touched on adding Bobcat and raccoon to the list of already hunted Sunday animals.  Another point talked about was more equitable season length for Bobcat trappers and bobcat hunting.  We talked about a possible compromise of starting at noon on Sunday still giving people time to go to church, brunches and family hikes.  We stressed the fact that we are also family traditions with hunting just like fishing. 

Monday I refreshed them on Infrared lighting.  I talked of the progress thus far.  I told them a brief history of the company and how it all started.  I also spoke on the facts that I have gathered from surrounding states Biologists and how them legalizing this equipment has had no impact on the numbers being taken.

Then my trip was off to the Great American Outdoors Show in Harrisburg.  I worked the booth for NiteSite for 5 Days.  I had time to catch up with, meet and talk with Jared and Ethan of Tactical AR500 Targets.  They would like to see Thermal legalized.  We will be working hard together in the future.

Now is very important that WE, meaning all of US join forces to get these options legalized for Predator Hunters of Pennsylvania.  Now is NOT the time to be separating, name calling or trying to tear the other groups down because of your ego’s!!  That gets you nowhere fast!

Lots happening... this week should be a good one too...I will let you in on it Thursday!
PPHA President

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: PGC Meeting Recap
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »
PGC Meeting Recap continued. ...

More about the PGC meeting...  I had a nice conversation with Charles from the PTA.  I gave him a copy of the speech.  He said he might not agree with everything but that is ok.  He did agree that the dog runners are ruining the population of bobcat.  We both agreed that they should be the last group to hit the Bobcat season if they are going to insist on letting them in.

Our speech was talked about amongst the Commissioners which a good thing and that PPHA had something worthy of talking about.

The PGC is not recommending any changes to trappers and hunters for furbearing season.  They are looking at options for juniors seasons to explore down the road like possibly Jr Beaver trapping season, Jr Spring Muskrat season and Jr Fisher permit.  These are just ideas that the Biologist has to talk about on what he would like to explore.

The commissioners also reported that Furtaker license sales are up while Junior furtaker licenses has been declining since 2012/2013 season.  Also mentioned that Fisher population has increased.  They will be exploring the idea of possibly opening them up to hunting down the road.  Over 3000 fishers have been caught and released.  Northwest regions are flourishing in numbers.

Talked briefly with The Biologist before he caught a plane.  They really want to get the youth involved more.  I had stated that the rifle hunters should not be mixed in with the dog runners.  He agreed and said the trappers get the most, then the dog runners and finally the callers with the least.

The United Bow Association is extending their hand in helping to get Infrared lighting legalized for Predator Hunters.  We talked a little more at the Harrisburg show and he plans on a set down here at the farm in the near future.  Little by little we gain ground!!!

That pretty much sums up my days at the PGC Quarterly meetings.
PPHA President

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Thank you for this info..and support!
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline res56cue

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 01:38:59 PM »
Great effort and feedback, Thank You for Your Time Sheri!
Chris
Schuylkill County

"Now let me know when I come to something that interests you"
"I say, boy, pay attention when I'm talkin' to ya, boy"

Offline Sheri Baity

• PPHA Members
    • Sheri Baity Predator Series Game Calls
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:32:48 PM »
You are so welcome... it really is my pleasure!!
Sheri L Baity

"A Woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt