Predator Hunting > Fur Handling

Sold my furs last Saturday

(1/2) > >>

Furmageddon_1:
Guys,
For the first time ever, I sold my furs at the district 11 PTA sale.  The sale took place on Saturday,  Jan 13th.  I figured I'd give it a whirl because you can set a reserve price and the sale commission is a relatively low 4%.  Well, I set a reserve of $10 and sent 23 red fox pelts to the sale.  I found out that only 10 of my furs sold, and for a measly $10.25 each.  My remaining furs only got bid up to $2.75...I can say with confidence I won't be sending my furs to another district 11 sale.  Any of you guys have better luck with any other venue this year?

Hern:
That's the same prices I'm hearing around the state auctions. There are more coming up this month.

Dist. 7 sale I sold a couple Reds & Greys. I already shipped a few dozen to Canada, so these were caught after that. Plus, I support D-7's sale and always try to get a few pieces there.
I actually got 'the high price' on my Reds & Greys on overall sales.
Reds-- $14.25
Greys- $15.00

Many folks, including 3 buyers, told me my fur looked great. Some ask questions how I handled them.
My Reds are put up on a 5 1/2", bottle nose, solid board.
I feel that board, makes my Reds longer, fur denser and a uniformed look. I tell folks, it's not me, it's the board I use.

For me, the worst time of fur season is 'SELLING'. I hate it.
I never know where or who to sell to to get the best price.

Hern:
Here's a few on boards & a Coyote

Pa Goosehntr:
 ;) ;) ;) Furmageddon_1...put on your bucket list, that you will spend a day with Hern in the fur shed  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? the knowledge you will gain will be priceless  :D :D :D :D :D but will give your pocket some extra change when you sell fur.....in the future :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Brushwolf:
Hern u have a pic of the board for us to see!!! With no fur on it that is.Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version