Author Topic: ASK Hern  (Read 17513 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
ASK Hern
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o Hern, can Timmy catch anything other than a cold or a porker??  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: ASK Hern
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »
yes
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:43:46 PM by Hern »

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 02:02:21 AM »
And there you have it Goose !!!  Straight from the Wise one!!  And that info I’m sure is from first hand observation.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 07:04:28 AM »
 8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 07:06:44 AM by Hern »

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 07:53:34 AM »
 ;D ;D Yah!  ;D ;D Hern sent him off with a coyote trap  ::) ::) and 2 minutes later heard howling  :( :( it was LookN4Help  ??? caught by both thumbs  :P :P cause we know he's all thumbs  :o :o.... I'm curious when this will turn into a team effort  :-\ :-\ :-\ Hern and LookN2NotRunOutofChances......LOL..... 8)  BTW   Goose do you think he was in and out of the ATV marking stumps every 25ft. making Herns life miserable?

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D "making Herns life miserable"  ??? ??? ??? ??? since he didn't take a note book along,  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Hern had to repeat himself so many times, ??? ??? ??? ??? Hern actually thought he himself was a broken record  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 06:38:45 AM »
Heckle & Jeckle, I'm actually the ole guy marking every other stump. I was making 'kick backs' while trying to fight thru 4 layers to find 'it'.

Lookn2Hidefromu2 has noting to hide. I learn some trapping things from him the other week.
Jake & Lookn did a great job on our trip up north. We had a blast, caught some fur, ate like Kings & slept like a log.
Lookn2getcrockpot&coffeepotready & I caught the same amount of Fox. No Bobcat or Fisher came thru that week. We caught what came by. Jake was farting alot. Maybe that's why critters shied from his sets. :)

As far as the ATV...well, that broke a few days in. ;D
The next few days we had to walk the 17 mile wilderness trapline loop, which was up hill, BOTH WAYS.
Fortunately, we all packed snowshoes.
We traveled as much as we could thru the Tamaracks where the snow wasn't up to our hip pockets.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 09:01:03 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    GOOSE we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Clean off that flying PIG AWARD!! ;) ;)   Hern learned some things from LookN2HidefromUs  ::) ::) ::) ::) Exaggerated story telling  ::) ::)  no one will be able to top this  ;D ;D ;D He must have found out Jake is our inside man  :-X :-X and clearly didn't have much good to say about him  :P :P and we know that's not true!!!  >:( >:( >:(......I see an awards "Brekie" in our future  ;D ;D with Nat running for reelection we can wait for his belt buckle and do them both on the same day  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o................LOL.............. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 11:14:47 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Teachin an olde dog new tricks  :o :o :o :o :o Award is ready to fly!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 07:45:21 AM »
Tisk , Tisk boys. :o :o :o  The thread is called "Ask Hern".  When the wise one talks, you listen.  It's not ammo for your comedy routine. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hern and I were lucky to survive the week.  We ran into a rogue wood stove. ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 09:37:10 AM »
What a week at Jake's Country Club.
When we meet again, ask me about my near death experience with that wood stove.
Also ask about, how I threw a trap grenade (set trap) directly on Lookn4cover.
Plus, Pulling a wild animal from under an upturned tree root ball.
Along with the ATV A-arm breaking.
All this and more while experiencing a three day diarrhea squirt fest. (I lost count at 14 times in 20 hours)

I will said Jake is a great host. Great Food.
One thing I found interesting was Jake has an Indian woman, named Neverrinse of the local tribe, cook breakfast & evening supper for us. She said her father was Chief Dirtyneck of the Neverwash tribe. Neverrinse's husband, twofingers, is a logger.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:51 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Sounds like Jake did his homework and roped you two into fixin things  ::) ::) ::) ::) just sayin...good job Jake!! :P :P :P :P :P Lookn4cover, well he's always doin that, especially after making those girls walk home from an island adventure  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) so he says  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 10:41:47 AM »
It was definitely a great time.   I learned that 90 degrees in the cabin is to hot for old farts.  Combine that with a lazy boy recliner and everyone goes to sleep.   However,  if you go to Camp with Hern, buy him a watch first.  For him ,  the day is half over at 8 am.  Wake up time is 0400 and bed time is an hour before dark.   And finally,  if you have to bucket flush the toilet....  have LOTS of buckets!!!   Air freshener is also recommended
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »
That's funny.
 ;D

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 04:23:31 PM »
Thanks Hern!  I have been seeing a shrink about the trap grenade.  I thought I was starting to come to terms with the horrific events that occured on that cold steep slope on the dark side of the mountain until you went and mentioned it again!! :o :o :o  Traumatized for life. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!