Author Topic: Looking For: Traps to Buy/Borrow/Lease  (Read 2777 times)

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Looking For: Traps to Buy/Borrow/Lease
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »
It may sound silly but I'm looking to try my hand at some trapping. In reality I'm sure that I will get quite the education. Looking for anything extra, unused, etc... that you might have laying around just to be able to hit the wood line. I'd really like to try my hand at some coon using some dogproofs. From the videos that I've been watching that looks like a lot of fun.

Of course any donations of Bridger or MB's would be great. Lol. See, I've done some reading.

Speaking of reading, if anyone has any books for beginners that would be greatly appreciated also.

Thanks for your consideration. If nothing comes of this then so be it.

Merry Christmas,
Chad

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Looking For: Traps to Buy/Borrow/Lease
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:08:22 AM »
Where are you located? Town, County?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:25:27 AM »
Kingston near Wilkes Barre in Luzerne County

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
I was hoping it was closer.  I have a great book you can borrow but won't be able to ship it to you for another week or so.  I am heading out on another adventure.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »
That'd be great whenever you find the time. Can you tell me what book it is, perhaps I'll pick it up?