Author Topic: Scanning light  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Ayunk04

Scanning light
« on: March 31, 2016, 08:55:14 PM »
Anyone using the wicked or nightsnipe headlamps? I've been using my noxx one for 3 years now and it's getting old replacing batteries so often. Any other recommendations I would appreciate it.

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Scanning light
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 07:22:23 AM »
i just picked up the nightsnipe tony tebbe light package and the comparison i was able to make was with my lights from ewcalls. the headlight was spot on and as bright as i like a scanning light to be, the plastic piece the light is connected to in the front is different but not a deal breaker.

The shoot light that comes in the package is brighter than my night eyes shoot light but there is no comparison with the carnivore shoot light even with the adjustable zoom of the night snipe.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Ayunk04

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 08:20:44 PM »
Thanks good to hear. Narrowed it down to nightsnipe and predator tactics buck lantern. I like having the white light option for after the shot

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »
I bought one of the Buck Lantern lights for the same reason.  I'm not real happy with the brightness.   I took it out to compare with my carnivore headlight and never took it back out.  It's never made it into the woods.   If you're sold on getting one,  I'll give you  good deal on mine....
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Ayunk04

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
Now you got me second guessing it lol was sold on it having both colors... Only ever used noxx headlamp which works but the battery life is horrible with AA batteries.

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
I have a night eyes and ewcalls scan lights.  I like both of them can't go wrong with either.
Home D-5
Camp D-3