Author Topic: Gray Fox Sounds  (Read 3249 times)

uncle buck

Gray Fox Sounds
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »
I have always done well with 3 Gray Fox Sounds.... The JS Gray Fox Pup, The Dennis Kirk Gray Fox Pup 2, and the JS Red and Gray Fox Fight.   I have attended seminars and the presenters said that later on you should change your Gray Fox sounds.. He like to use the Gray Fox Fight..   I have the Kirk Gray Fox Special but it's a Gray Fox Pup sound with a chicken distress... Don't think I ever killed anything using that yet.. However once you don't  you tend to shy away from it...  I know many of you do well with the FoxPro Gray Fox sound.  Do any of you ever do well with other Gray Fox distress sounds?  By the way.. the Red and Gray Fox fight now the Red and Gray Fox combo only calls in red fox for me.???????????? Never has a Gray came to that sound...??????????

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Gray Fox Sounds
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:20:41 PM »
I put JSGFP on my call this year and had nothing come into it. Platinum was my go to call. But you are right after a bunch of no shows with the JS I was scared to play it.
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Gray Fox Sounds
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »
I've had good luck with the foxpro screamin' gray fox. Nothing with the platinum gray...  :o :o :o.  I used to have an old j.s. cassette caller with the red and gray fight. Worked from time time. I think a lot of predator response to calling can be chalked up to being in the right place at the right time.... They're all different, just like we are. Some critters may like some sounds better than others. Just my 2 cents worth....
District 5 coordinator