Predator Hunting > Predator Biology

animal population icrease easier to call in

(1/1)

uncle buck:
Do you think that if a predators population is high on a area they are easier to call? Will they come to call because of having to compete with a greater population of like species? Some states guys sit out in fields coyotes come out in complete dsylight. Other states you have to hunt in woods or hunt after 11 PM? Does population growth make predator hunting easier?

scott:
I think it does along with prey populations.  this year there were not a lot of rabbits, they are on a down cycle.  we called in a lot of predators this year,  I killed some big fox this year.  I had a 17 pound grey fox run down the middle of a road to get to my caller, he came in under the guard rail 2 or 3 different times,  he knew I was there but still kept trying to get to the call.   was he hungry, not sure but he sure did want to get to that dying rabbit..   well at least he is not hungry anymore..   :)

Misterjake23:
Definitely makes it easier the more there are.   It's a simple numbers game.  The more there are, the more stupid, young and dumb ones there are.  There is also more competition among the species for the limited food source.

coyotejohn:
Most biologist will tell you that it's not the predator that keeps the prey in control but the prey is what keeps the predator in control.

foxhound:
I would have to agree with coyotejohn on that. Nature has a way of striking a balance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version