Author Topic: Busted....The bark of the gray fox and or the red fox  (Read 3567 times)

uncle buck

Busted....The bark of the gray fox and or the red fox
« on: March 01, 2016, 12:02:03 AM »
Your calling and all of a sudden you hear a low pitch bark... That be a gray fox... If the pitch is high... That be a red fox.. Now they don't sound like a domestic dogs bark... However when you hear that bark on a distant hill or in a woodlot above you... You probably just got busted.. The fox came in and saw you and you didn't see him... So they go to a high point and bark...  Stand over... there has been only two time in my 30 years of predator hunting that I switched to other canine sounds and the fox came in again and I shot them.. Other times I got busted. oh maybe about 150 times in those  30 years...

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Busted....The bark of the gray fox and or the red fox
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:13:13 AM »
I bark back and have had some good results, everyone is different!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »
I have also had luck with answering back..bark/scream or howl..haven't relied on it enough to decide on its effectiveness 100% but know it has worked a few times for me.
PPHA President

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:10:58 PM »
I remember thats all,I heard the first season out hunting foxs even had a red bark at me for 15 mins one night after calling him up at 15 yards and my partner got busted...before I could close the deal....lol
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member