Author Topic: looking for a lake and place to stay in WV  (Read 2868 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
looking for a lake and place to stay in WV
« on: February 19, 2016, 07:17:22 AM »
I noticed on another post that some of you guys go down to WV..   We usually take a couple of trips to NY for bass fishing in the summer..   this year we are going to do 1 trip to NY and were thinking about doing one to WV.   I found a couple of lakes that I would like to try but can't seem to find a place to stay on the lakes..  lakes of that I though would be cool to spend a week fishing were,   Stonewall Jackson, Cheat Lake, and Sommer Lake...   

Do any of you guys know a good bass fishing lake with cabin or cottage rentals in WV?   

Thanks
scott

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: looking for a lake and place to stay in WV
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:41:06 PM »
 :) Sleepy Creek Lake - West Virginia Division of Natural .. :) Scott search "Sleepy Creek" this is the only place I ever fished, other than stream fishing for trout. It used to be good, cannot say how it is now. It is about a 2 hour ride form Central Pa., very easy to get to. The only cabins I ever was in was at "Harmon's" at Cabins,WV. and that was for trout. We always towed a trailer,sorry been there a bunch but not much help...

uncle buck

Re: looking for a lake and place to stay in WV
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »
There is a stream that is just East of WV in the area of Dayton Va...   It's catch and release.  Everyday they allow 4 people to fish it with a small donation...IT's fly fishing only and it's first come first serve.. The trout however are 5 pounds or larger in the stream.. it's run by Trout Unlimited or equal too and they take the small donation for their cause. I think donation was real minimal too..   This is yet another benefit of staying  around www.massresort.com

http://troutfishinghelp.blogspot.com/2007/05/private-trout-fishing-waters-in.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:01:34 PM by uncle buck »