General Outdoors > <*}}}>< Fishing

Everyone needs to do this once in their life

(1/3) > >>

uncle buck:
https://youtu.be/WsG6hlKQAME

As younger man.. .When the trees would flower in the Spring  I would go sucker gigging at night with a Coleman lantern and a gig! Sucker were spawning up the creeks.. We would walk up all the feeder streams that ran into the non trout rivers and or creeks.. Nothing like the feel of the gig.. Made me think this is probably what the Pa Native Americans experienced.    I wonder how some of our head lights would work now.. Especially all the ones that have a white light?  I'm going to have to do this again some Spring...  At night the creek would be filled with hundreds of suckers going up these small streams from the main creek...

Misterjake23:
I never knew anyone ate suckers!

Pa Goosehntr:
 ;) ;) ;) They are fine if you don't mind pickin through the bones... :P :P :P :P :P

dreamcatcher:
The key to suckers is early spring. My Dad loved them and preferred them to trout.

Dale:

--- Quote from: Misterjake23 on February 18, 2016, 04:10:09 AM ---I never knew anyone ate suckers!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Pa Goosehntr on February 18, 2016, 08:12:15 AM --- ;) ;) ;) They are fine if you don't mind pickin through the bones... :P :P :P :P :P

--- End quote ---

the native Americans said that God put all the bones in the suckers, to slow you down to savor the flavor... I've eaten a bunch of them over the years, steamed, fried and smoked and never had any complaints about them...

--- Quote from: dreamcatcher on February 18, 2016, 08:19:32 AM ---The key to suckers is early spring. My Dad loved them and preferred them to trout.

--- End quote ---

I can only agree whole heartedly with this statement... most anytime if you can get them outta cold trout waters...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version