Author Topic: northcentral hunt picture  (Read 2179 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
northcentral hunt picture
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:04:39 AM »
I had found this picture on a old thumbdrive and wanted to share with the group. 

This picture I believe was taken by buckwheat.  This was a memorable hunt for me (it was my first coyote)  This was probably at the height of the northcentral hunt attendance and I am unsure if it was actually a "ppha" hunt but I am pretty sure everyone in the picture was a member at the time.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: northcentral hunt picture
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:21:43 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Those were the good hunts  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:13:44 AM »
Thanks for sharing Ben.  That's the kind of club history that needs to be preserved!!

Who were the actual charter members of the PPHA?  Anyone know??
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 11:41:15 AM »
If my memory serves me right...  The first person to start the organization was a guy that wanted people to join.. Then he wanted them to pay him money to take them on hunts.. Of course that failed.. I do think that Buckwheat is the only Charter member that is remaining...I was actually at the event at the Farmers Wife in Ono Pa when they voted the officer in to PPHA...All of those officers have since departed.  So if you look at that way.. There was a lot of talk about having it.. They had a meeting at some place I think in Montgomery county or Bucks county. That was Bob Popeck that chaired that who eventually became the first president of PPHA. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »
There used to be a thread about it on here somewhere about three years ago it was brought up.  I will have to dig a bit.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:10 AM »
We had our first picnic at Indiantown Gap... I actually did a predator calling seminar... Hern was there Ernie was there.. It was either  2001 and or  2002.  I know it was around Sep 11 2001.

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
There are some good things from being a member... I have some good friends now from being in the organization... Also wow that Farmers Wife restaurant in Ono Pa... I hit that on my trips to Cabelas and Allentown for Lunch and supper... You just can't beat their Choc Peanut Butter  Frosting  cake...   So thanks to PPHA I discovered a good sit down restaurant to go to.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:08:25 PM by uncle buck »