Author Topic: Hey Dale  (Read 2630 times)

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Hey Dale
« on: January 04, 2016, 12:49:23 PM »
Not knowing to much about the 17 or 22 Hornet I have a question for you.  I have the opportunity to pick up a Browning 1885 Low-wall, 22 Hornet  with a Leo 3-9x40, rated at 95%.   $1,000. Your thoughts?

P.S.  My son in law has found a nice house for you out in the country. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:52:52 PM by coyotejohn »
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hey Dale
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »
What Leupold scope is on it?   Rifleman, VX II,  VX III ?   That makes a big difference in calculating its value.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:48:08 PM »
Vari X-II, they are selling anywhere from $200 and up out here. 
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »
oh my John, that is a find there, from what I've been seeing that is a good price for that gun... wish I had it to spare...

question... is it an original or a modern production?...

the jury is still out on the move... Doc has me on a med that is supposed to keep that bronchitis away and it seems to be working good so far... if I can get through the winter ok, I'll have to give it some serious consideration then...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 01:36:51 PM »
New modern rifle, but I lost out on the sale.  He decided to keep it but said if it goes back up for sale I'll have the right of first refusal.   

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »
oh my sorry to hear he came to his senses, that was an outstanding buy... my old fur buyer had one and years back he was telling me it was worth $1500 gun alone...

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/winchester-rifles-model-1885/winchester-1885-low-wall-in-22-hornet.cfm?gun_id=100308716

looks like they didn't lose any value...  if it comes up again jump on it, if you don't want it, I'll take it if my money is right... that would be reason to make another trip out...   8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...