Author Topic: mess of fish...  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
mess of fish...
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:55:16 PM »

caught this mess Saturday afternoon 12/5/15, sea mullet {whiting} and blowfish...

this was the pile of fingers outta the blowfish... prolly close to 10#, a lot of primo eating there... there's a good reason they call it "chicken of the sea"...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: mess of fish...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 08:05:59 AM »
Nice catch.  Congratulations.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Now that with some of jaspr1's backstraps would be "Surf and Turf"  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »
Someone's eating Good !!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 06:13:24 AM »
Good Job. And good job cleaning 'em.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 03:47:16 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm hijacking. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\..Hern when are you and jaspr1 gonna have a walleye feesh fry??? I'm invited, :o :o :o :o just so you know in advance 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) and there may be others  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 06:16:15 AM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(   Sad to say "Hern" and I are out of business for the moment  ::) ::) It seems someone has caught all the "shiner's & sculpins" out of our bait hole  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ............pictures are worth a thousand words  :o :o :o :o.................. 8)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
  Sad to say "Hern" and I are out of business for the moment...  It seems someone has caught all the "shiner's & sculpins" out of our bait hole... 8)

don'tcha just hate when that happens... they should be back in there by spring time again... 

I used to have a stream that had redfin minnows in, most excellent trout bait... somebody got in there and hit it hard, got most near all of'em outta there and it was years till they came back in good numbers... there were plenty of other minnows in there but the redfins were real scarce...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »
Dale, years ago, I stocked our creek with Redfins. I stocked pregnant females caught from other creeks.
It wasn't long until I had a gold mine. About 6-8 years went by with all the Redfins I needed, then NO Redfins. Zero.
What the heck?
Only thing I could think of the farmer above me dumped chemicals or cleaned sprayer tanks into the creek.
I never re-stocked. But other streams have 'em and weren't affected at that time.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 07:03:41 AM »
 :( :( :( :( :(  Yes it was "AWFUL"  :( :( :( :( :( probably some out of state "Hillbilly" looking for an easy meal.... :P :P :P :P.................. 8)