Author Topic: Legal Now  (Read 6570 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Legal Now
« on: March 10, 2015, 11:41:38 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) I be legal now  :o :o :o :o I bought my Feeshin license today, so now I can wet a line 4 April  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

Re: Legal Now
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:14:59 PM »
Nice to not have to buy  trout stamp and license again. I even got the plastic one to carry in my wallet. 2nd year now I didn't have to buy one.  Neat you don't have to get one issued every year. I make sure I keep the paper one in a secure place. Of course Plastico can be pulled and used if I want to fish and used one of Jaspr1 or Hern's  tip ups should I see them  at Holman Lake.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:16:37 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( According to the book, when I turn 65 I will still need to purchase a trout stamp...it states; "Resident Senior Lifetime license holders who purchase their license as of Jan. 1, 2015, are required to purchase a trout/salmon permit each year that the license holder desires to fish for trout."  also, "Resident Senior Lifetime license dated before January 1,1991, are not required to purchase a trout/salmon permit."  This is on page #4 of the book...To me this is double talk and UB, the way I'm reading this you would need a trout/salmon permit because you didn't hit 65 before Jan 1, 1991.... ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:11 PM »
Jim
   I bought my senior license and trout stamp in 2008 and was told I need not buy another stamp after that
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »
I guess we'll all have to stay tuned until someone gets checked by the fish po-po !
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 05:52:17 PM »
I remember when I purchased it in Cabelas at Hamburg they answered my question and said I would not have to buy another trout stamp. Looking at the plastic license right now it has a picture that says: " Trout Salmon Permit!" And a number in red letters!  I guess we need to see what other Seniors plastic license show?  It cost me something like $54.00 for all total!  $5.00 more for it in plastic that arrived in mail a few days later.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:56:49 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »
The paper has a SL on it and of course the trout stamp insignia as and  was told to just keep using the same paper one and didn't have to get one every year like hunting one.

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 06:04:29 PM »
I will call the Pa Fish and Boat Comm in Harrisburg and get the confirmation from them directly!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »
Goose, I think it change just this year, 1/1/2015
Folks that are senior license holders before that date are good to go and no other license is required.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »
I just quoted/copied what was in the book I got with my license today  ??? ??? ??? doesn't seem to make sense to me, but then I'm only a silly Goose... :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 11:56:24 PM »
Thank you Hern your right. I checked further and found this in the frequently asked questions foe PFBC:
http://fishandboat.com/faqlice.htm#sr2

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 12:00:58 AM »
Dream catcher if you have that stamp on your SL from other years you might be ok. Would be nice if you got the Plastico one and it had the trout stamp on like mine. How sad that issuing agent never
Did this for you or maybe it's done but they didn't tell you. :(

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 12:01:08 AM »
Dream catcher if you have that stamp on your SL from other years you might be ok. Would be nice if you got the Plastico one and it had the trout stamp on like mine. How sad that issuing agent never
Did this for you or maybe it's done but they didn't tell you. :(

uncle buck

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:32 AM »
Double Post!  Ah think of it as an Echo!

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 12:13:07 AM »
Double Post!  Ah think of it as an Echo!