Author Topic: Calling with Cassettes and or CD vs the chip  (Read 2074 times)

uncle buck

Calling with Cassettes and or CD vs the chip
« on: March 06, 2015, 10:55:53 PM »
I often think back on how the JS, Kirk,  Burnham cassettes and or CD use to call in things...wonder if predator hunting has kicked off so much that 999 callers vs 20  in a county could be the reason for how the older calling machines and software worked so well...

I remember two years ago just turning on a chip player and within seconds I hear the barks of red fox on the horizon..The bark that you have been had...wonder if so much calling do they think it was the other guy!!LOL LOL   I said Barks too plural it just didn't happen once.. seemed like it was in a certain area of Cumberland county..

I read that an article one time of a well know gray fox hunter. He suggested that after awhile change to a new calling machine since they get use to the same type chatter..

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Calling with Cassettes and or CD vs the chip
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
You may be on to something there UB....It would sometimes take more than a week to call some of the spots and I don't remember ever hearing or seeing anyone...I'm sure there were some but not many...I was using my JS up to a couple of years ago and it would still produce..it was just a pain to lug around especially in the cold...new callers way better in that aspect...Some day I hope to meet John Dillon..I think he was the creator of Fox-Pro....and compare notes,me being an Electronic Technician for almost 40 yrs.....Back in the early 70's I had a radio/cassette player that I rigged with a speaker from a PA system..it had a very sharp sound to it and would drive fox crazy....Dumb me..I didn't pursue like he did to make and market such a caller...it did have one fault. ::). you had to be careful you didn't bump the radio toggle switch, or the critters would be listening to Wolfman Jack..playing the "Grateful Dead"...lol :( :(... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 04:14:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Now only the olde dogs will be able to relate to Wolfman Jack :o :o :o :o or the Grateful Dead... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:13:39 PM »
Dagnabbit...... I just found out I'm an olde dog!!!  :o
District 5 coordinator

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:34:22 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D See, You can learn alot on this forum...wither you want to or not.. :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member