Author Topic: I saw so much critter activity today  (Read 10105 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: I saw so much critter activity today
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »
I did notice that UB.  I actually read an article on barametric pressure once that said coyotes are more active during high pressure or trending up and other furbearers on a low or dropping pressure.  Of course we know that barometric pressure is related to bad weather.  I tried to hunt according to the pressure last year but I can honestly say it didn't seem to make a difference with sightings.  I feel that we as predator hunters over think this stuff way to much.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D L4F  HAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D ;D ;D Well thankfully the team of "DUMB AND DUMBER" has a certified METEOROLOGIST on it  ::) ::) and KNOWS  precisely when the MOON and Stars are in perfect alignment for a hunt.....this is BIG......L4F if you weren't so busy ridiculing old people, you might read  about these things on "This Crazy Weather"..free knowledge to keep you informed on the latest happenings in YOUR weather world.. :P :P :P :P.............further  >:( >:( we sign ourselves in and out of the "HOME"....because we are in charge of "SECURITY" ..... ;)....we were, I am proud to say, awarded this lofty position  ::) as a result of a double blind test  ??? ??? where we were able to remember to pull our zippers up 7 out of 10 times  :o :o thus making us, POSER's, more presentable to the public... :P :P :P :P :P............. 8)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 11:47:54 AM »
Nice.  Does that position come with a badge?  If so, please wear it to the breakfast.  I would like to take a picture with you, your badge and your zipper down.  I promise it won't be posted on the internet. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 02:56:57 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Thar he goes tryin to over think it again...hafta go yard salin an git him a Oweegie board thingy. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\...it will think afore him.. :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 01:47:46 PM »
As you all know prior to a storm or rain you will see many birds sitting on wires prior to the rain coming in.  Also duck hunting is better  in the rain since the waterfowl fly lower to the ground which places them in shotgun range...Reason being the pressure hurts their ears... Next time you shoot a dove, crow,  and or ringneck.. take a look at their ears..They do have them..

Also we all know you can tell it's going to rain when you hear that distant train whistle is a lot louder then on a sunny beautiful afternoon.. Yep it's going to rain..

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D And when the drops are hitting your head it's raining!!  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member